44. Reminiscing births of miracles!(III) - Twins

A/N – before reading ahead, know that this chapter is a bit mature and also has mentions of MTP (medical termination of pregnancy), you'll know why. I gave hints about it in initial chapters but this one will throw more light & Arnav's reasons (they won't go through it obviously).

Also, its a long chapter, but please read till the end :) 

--*--

Flashback: Summer 2019

Arnav and Khushi were visiting Lucknow, with a 2.5 year old Chiku in toe. Payal and Piya had accompanied too. Since Payal and Khushi both had their deliveries in Delhi, they used to visit Lucknow every year in summer at least for 2 weeks so kids get used to their nanihal (maternal grandparents' place). And every year while Akash stayed in Delhi, Arnav would find some excuse and follow her all through her stay, much to her buaji's annoyance who wanted to have exclusive time with her niece but with Arnav around that would seldom happen.

That summer, Arnav was invited for a party by one of his local clients for a weekend with overnight stay and the said resort was some miles away in outskirts of Lucknow. After much assurance from her Amma, buaji and Jiji, Khushi agreed to leave Chiku with them and they went to the party. It had been long since she and Arnav spent time alone like this, just the two of them...

She was wearing a red, designer saree with a sleeveless blouse, Jiji had done her hair and makeup and as Arnav held her close while they were dancing, he was reminded of a night from 8 years ago, the 'Diwali night'. Her hair was flowing with breeze the same way they did that night, her lips quivered when he looked at them the same was as that night, only difference was there was no stopping them this time! Anyone could see that Mr. and Mrs. Raizada were besotted with each other. And as they returned to their room after dinner with the host, they made the night count!

At the back of their mind, they did realize they were not using any protection as she had forgotten her pills in Delhi and he didn't have any protection either. But then she was farther away in her cycle so it would be low risk, he concluded and then pushed that worry away. 

But when has that stopped nature from doing its job? As they kept reaching out for each other throughout the night, a life (or 2 lives) took form in khushi's womb!

--*--

Pair bhari (pregnant)!

Almost more than a month after their return from Lucknow, Khushi had fell extremely sick. Even her dance practice with Piya had stopped. Khushi used to love teaching dance to Piya, as Chiku wasn't so much of a dance guy while Piya too only mostly clapped. Those times, Khushi would wish she had a baby who would follow her footsteps in dancing. But currently even she couldn't, thanks to her nausea!

"Jiji do you have a Domstal (a medicine for nausea)?" she asked Payal on breakfast table after Arnav and Akash left for office. She didn't want Arnav to worry.

"Khushi, you need to see a doctor. You were never this sick... Except.." Payal trailed off, not wanting to remind of khushi's first pregnancy. Khushi had never felt so sick later, not even in her pregnancy with chiku.

"nahi jiji, I must have caught some virus infection." Khushi said, suppressing her urge to vomit again, after she had barely eaten 2 spoons of poha.

"par khushi bhabhi aapko aisi halat mein dawai leni nahi chahiye doctor se puche bina(But you shouldn't take medicine in this condition without consulting a doctor)" Hp's wife, Janaki who also worked at RM now, suggested and Khushi and Payal both didn't understand.