12. Biwi No.1

Happy Birthday Sanaya Irani ❤😇

--*--

Over the nine and a half years of their marriage, Khushi had gone through different emotions, ranging from extreme happiness having him by her side, to limitless love for him and occasional anger and frustration when his work kept coming in between their time together. But very very rarely she had to display her possessive side, much less in front of an audience.

Today was one such a day

--*--

Aarti Bajaj was a new face in modeling industry and had been given an assignment at AR. Tall, slim, slender Aarti was a dusky beauty and what worked best for her was her father was a local politician. So, it helped her make connections more easily and rise through the ladder of competitive glamor world. Her appointment at AR however had totally been based on her capability and grace to carry herself, that was required in the modeling job. She was recruited by AR's team sans Arnav, he had long excused himself from hiring any positions that were not directly reporting to him, and models were certainly not!

But Aarti kept trying to stay connected with him, calling him at odd hours to discuss upcoming projects, barging in his cabin trying to get his inputs, insisting to meet him to ask numerous questions about their field of work, and sometimes blatantly refusing to agree to AR's teams' suggestions unless Arnav intervened. She had been nothing but difficult!

Initially they all had let it go, thinking she was good at work despite her tantrums. With festive season just around the corner they could not really go and look for new models in that short time. So, the team at AR was doing their best to manage with her.

However, Khushi could see it had started bothering Arnav. Given the field of work that he was in, they both were used to the occasions when women made a pass at him, some oblivious to his marital status, some despite that. But none of it became a nuisance as he knew how to shun those advances in the first step itself. To be honest what worried him the most was how his wife always found herself numerous admirers, especially charming men, whenever they attended any business parties related to his or her work or any family function.

Aarti was a tricky case though. She was subtle, not directly hitting on him or giving any hints or making a pass but still one could say she was stepping into his personal space and hampering it time and again. When Arnav first mentioned that he was afraid he had found himself another fangirl, Khushi had brushed it off saying Aarti was probably genuinely interested in learning about the fashion world. She had honestly thought that they should give Aarti a benefit of doubt.

However, when Arnav got a call at 12.30 midnight, 3rd day in a row to discuss 'apt locations for their next shoot schedule', Khushi knew it was time to intervene. She had always steered cleared of his work otherwise but decided that something had to be done now.

--*--

"Good morning, mam" the receptionist at AR head office greeted Mrs. ASR aka Khushi mam. Khushi's visits to AR office had always been pleasant. And after kavish's birth, they had turned even more fun. Everyone at AR loved Chiku, well mostly, until he started throwing things around. But that also stopped when their visits to AR reduced, first due to Khushi's second pregnancy and then due to the pandemic. It had only been 2-3 months that AR had resumed all in-person working and everyone was already looking forward to meeting newest additions to their boss and their Khushi mam's life. They had seen photos of the twins of course but had never met them.

So, when Khushi stepped in AR that day, everyone around the entry lobby expectedly looked behind her to spot any nanny who was carrying the babies. After seeing none, they felt disappointed.