87. School trips & little rebels!

Here's an early morning update for my readers in India/South Asia, and for you UshaVijay5 ❤

--*--

A newly turned 7-year-old Kavish Singh Raizada was upset. Very means very upset! His mamma, his awesome & lovely mamma and his coolest papa had been behaving weirdly. And- and like bad- bad mamma-papa. Not like chiku's mamma-papa! Because they had said 'No' to his school trip!

"No means no, Chiku! Ek baar kaha na aapse(I told you once, right)?"

"But Mamma, it's just 2 days. All my friends are going. Please na?" Chiku sulked and whined. He had just returned from school and had nearly run towards his mamma-papa's room to give them this news of a school trip and have their signatures on the note for the same that his teacher gave him. But his parents had refused.

"Please mamma?" he said, holding her hand in his and shaking it in a pleading way. His mamma who was busy rummaging through his school bag taking out his lunch box, water bottle and other stuff like she did every day, stopped doing that and looked at him, cupping his face in her hand.

"Nahi betu, aap itne lambe school trips ke liye bohot chote ho (You are still very little for going on these long school trips)."

He pouted and went to his Papa who was sitting on the recliner, working on his laptop but also looking at them in between which meant he had paid attention to Chiku's request!

"Papa! Aap bolo na mamma ko(you tell mamma). I am a big boy now. I can go on this trip, right?" He said, standing near his papa, his little height making him be at face level with Arnav who was still sitting.

Arnav smiled at his son and put away his laptop. He pulled chiku closer with his hands and brought him to stand in front of him.

"Kavish, it's true that you are a big boy now. But your mom is also right. For going on all these 2-3 days trips, you still need to be grown up a few years." came his coolest papa's not-so-cool answer.

Kavish freed his hands from Arnav's, annoyed at another refusal.

"That's not fair. I will talk to Rama dadi(mamiji), she will make you agree." saying so, he ran away from there, making Arnav and Khushi flabbergasted.

"Did he just give us a warning?" Arnav asked, shocked.

"Ji haan!(yes he did)! Aapke gun utar aye hai(it's your habits that are visible in him)."

He made a face but didn't refute the claim. Besides, he knew what will Kavish do? He was after all a 7-year-old baby! His own baby! He and khushi had it under control!

Boy, was he in for a surprise?

--*--

Piya Singh Raizada who was otherwise a very calm and understanding 8-year-old, was angry today! Her Maa-Papa had been ignoring her pleas, and refused to let her go on a 2-day school trip.

"We'll talk about it next year, Piyu." her maa had told her and ended topic.

Thankfully, she at least had her Dadi and Badi dadi(Devyani) with her!

And if Khushi Maasi-Arnav chachu had given permission to Chiku, then they are too!

.

.

"Piya didi, did Payal maasi say yes?" Chiku asked as he met Piya on his way to his rama dadi(Mamiji)'s room.

"No, chiku. Did Khushi maasi agree?"