71. Harsh realities

Trigger warning: Terminal disease, life & death scenario

--*--

Arnav was feeling restless since the morning. To begin with, he woke up earlier than usual, then went for a jog but had to return halfway as it started drizzling suddenly, and once he was back, he was bombarded with calls from his management team for a work emergency.

He craved for a long, hot shower to soothe his nerves.

But as he checked the time in his mobile, he realized that he had to get ready soon if he wanted to drop his kids and his niece at their school on time.

Today seemed to be just one of those days where everything and everyone tests you, yeah, even ASR!

.

.

Khushi was getting ready to leave for work, when he returned after dropping their kids to school. He saw her pick her mangalsutra and as her hands went behind her to tie the hook her eyes met his in the mirror. She waited until he came and stood behind her. And he slowly fastened the hook. Then snaking his arms around her tummy, he kissed her ear- not the lobe-but the hollow part of it. It was her weak spot. And the sigh he heard from her when his rough lips touched her soft ear, confirmed the same.

She opened her eyes after that and sensed he was disturbed about something. She raised her eyebrows asking that same question and his eyes understood the language of hers.

"I am going out of Delhi today, some important supplier visit. Should be back late in the night."

So that was the reason, she thought. (Well, it was more complicated than that, he was having a nasty feeling that something bad was going to happen, but he didn't want to tell her that. She would worry until he returned then).

She turned in his arms and kissed his closed eyelids, one by one. His weak spot.

"Jaldi aayiyega(come back soon). Your son wants to watch India-New Zealand match with you tonight and your shehzadiyaan (princesses) won't eat or sleep properly until they eat from your hands, and you tuck them in bed."

"Hmm. And what about their mother?" he asked, nuzzling her cheek

She sighed at the blissful sensation. She wanted to tease him but looking at his expressions, she decided not to and just answer honestly, "Their mother, and your Khushi can't stay without you for so long either. So please, jaldi aana."

Her answer was rewarded with a slow, sensual kiss.

They both left for work after that, she for Gupta foods and he was his supplier visit.

But it was going to be a long and challenging day for him...

--*--

The meeting with this supplier was very crucial, they were known as the one and only for providing a specific type of cotton fabric that AR needed in its designs for their newly launched kids' line. That was the reason why AR's CEO himself i.e. ASR had to personally step in and attend this meeting for the negotiations. Aman and rest of the experienced team sighed in relief that ASR was there to support them handle this one. Everyone in the industry knew the formidable force that Arnav Singh Raizada was and once he started discussing any business deal, any negotiations, they were as good as done his way!

But some days were tough for the king too. This supplier was the oldest one in this market, their small but old company was established sometime in 1950s and thus, they had vast knowledge and experience as a company.

Meeting went heated as they expected, but finally AR's team managed to close the deal at a price as they wanted, albeit with last argument from Arnav himself.