105. Pain & pleasure (happy holi)

Q/N - A short update but keeping my promise. Happy Holi!

--*--

There was a time when Raizada mansion used to be silent on the day of Holi. Everyone barely remembered this festival and except Nani and Anjali who would arrange some pooja and small holika dahan no one really knew about it. Especially Arnav!

But that was 12-13 years ago. Since then, a lot has changed. Since khushi and happiness took over his house and his life.

Now Raizada mansion- the Shantivan -would buzz with excitement and colors on the day of Holi!

Today was the same. In fact, today was special as Holi was on Sunday and even though the day to play colors was the next day, they had decided to do both holika dahan and Holi colors party on the same Sunday evening.

However, as always, the day brought in a lot of high and low notes for our favorite couple, Arnav, and Khushi.

The day had begun on a relatively high note! Every year on Holi, Khushi and Arnav had a special anniversary to celebrate. The anniversary of when they first confessed their heartbeats beat together, that too in the laad governor's own words- jab hum paas hote hain, hamari dhadkanein ek ho jati hai! Of course, Khushi would remind him about that, and he would then be engaged in "celebrations" the whole night where only their hearts did the talking...

The same had happened tonight too but come Holi morning, Arnav opened his eyes to gaze at his wife sleeping in his arms and as his eyes slowly traveled across her beautiful face, her enchanting hair and then her slander arms, his heart skipped a beat! Because a small but evident cut on her hand near her wrist caught his eyes...and as happened in the world of Arnav Singh Raizada, he couldn't, wouldn't see any injury on either of his kids AND his Khushi!

"Khushi." he called her in a soft but panicky voice.

She only stirred in sleep and went further into his arms...

"Khushi, wake up." he called again. The circular wound on her wrist was making him restless. And now he also remembered how it had happened. She was wearing his favorite glass bangles last night and while he removed most of them as he loved, but in his hurry, one bangle broke and its piece pierced in her wrist... in the darkness he didn't realize how it deep the injury was and she too didn't let him ponder over it, in the heat of passion. And they continued whatever they were doing.

Now it the morning light, he regretted his action, of not turning on the light last night and tending to her wound then itself. Like he had done in the past, 12 years ago. He cursed himself. At least he was wiser in this aspect back then...

"Khushi, utho na(wake up)." The panic in his voice and lightly shaking her naked shoulder finally made her slowly open her eyes.

They hadn't had much sleep last night, so she wanted to sleep in some more. At least until their kids woke them up. But this laad governor!

"Good morning, Arnavji." She whispered, not getting he was so paranoid.

As soon as she was awake, he promptly sat on the bed and opened the bedside drawer to start rummaging through it.

Khushi was utterly confused. What was he looking for?

And then she remembered today was Holi. He must be looking for colors to put on her. But she had promised Chiku to let him be the first one to put colors on her from this year!

"Arnavji, stop!" she got up and held his hand.

"What the-"

"You can't put color on me first." she said, shaking her head, "I promised chiku and he would be so sad if he sees color already on me. Aap ko samajhna hoga (you must understand)-" she was on her rambling spree when Arnav put his palm on her mouth to shut her up. Her eyes automatically widened in shock and then he slowly held her injured wrist with his other hand and said,