45. Births of miracles!(IV)

This one's a LONGEST chapter I ever wrote, so brace yourselves for a Saturday night/Sunday morning read!🥰

Also, although I try to ensure I don't miss any medical terms, I am no doctor, so apologies if I miss something. And hope this chapter lives up to your expectations, who all were waiting for twins' birth flashback ❤

--*--

Flashback: January 2020

On their doctor's advice, Khushi was admitted in the hospital 2 days before her expected delivery date to monitor her better. But on the very next day, team of doctors had a discussion with Arnav and Khushi.

"The amniotic fluid level in Mrs. Raizada's uterus is dropping and we are afraid, babies might get suffocated inside if we delay any further, not to mention more risk for mother too. We suggest going for a cesarean birth." they informed the couple and without a second thought both agreed for C-section. Sure it meant anesthesia, injection in the spine, stiches on her stomach and probably lifelong back-ache! But her focus was only on bringing those 2 lives safely in this world, for whom she had fought till now!

She soon was wheeled in O.T. while Arnav along with Akash, Mamiji, and Khushi's family were waiting outside. Payal had stayed home with Nani, Piya and Kavish. Once again in his life, Arnav realized that not everything was in his control, that he couldn't control his destiny because right now his khushi and his babies were on the mercy of destiny!

--*--

Worth fighting for

After 2 hours of waiting, Arnav was informed of the arrival of the first baby, and asked if he would like to come inside to be with them now. The worried doctor then informed him it is a baby girl, but she is too weak, weighed barely 4 pounds, and needed to be put in N.I.C.U. for further observation. Arnav stood there watching helplessly as they showed the baby to him, and then took her away. But Arnav knew in his heart that nothing would happen to his baby! And he decided to be strong for Khushi for now, even if he was falling weak every second, for his baby!

Khushi was sedated, under anesthesia waist down but the nurse held the pale baby in front of her, and she weakly smiled.

After another 10 minutes, a healthy baby girl, weighing 6 pounds, made her presence known with her loud cries! A huge round of congratulations and joyful cheers echoed outside OT hearing the cries. However, when they were told about one baby being kept in NICU, earlier happiness was replaced with worry.

The nurse showed this pink-red crying youngest arnav-khushi-kid to khushi and arnav who was by her side by then, and the baby's cries stopped at once. She opened her hazel eyes for her parents, leaving them spellbound. It was then that khushi finally let her tired eyes drop to some much-needed rest...

After some time, Khushi woke up as her anesthesia wore off. Arnav saw that a visibly tired Khushi was trying to sit. He quickly supported her back, putting pillows on so she could sit properly. He noticed that she was looking for her babies. 

"Congratulations sweetheart, we have two beautiful daughters now!" he whispered, kissing her forehead and she tried to smile. But her eyes kept looking for the babies!

"Hum jante the, beti hogi par Devi maiyya ne humein duguni khushi de di (I knew we'll have a girl but Devi Maiyya gave us twice the happiness)." she beamed with motherly pride, and then asked him, "Have you seen them? I didn't even properly look at them. Where are they?" hearing that he panicked. How to tell her about the other baby? She will worry for sure, and her current state was not to take any tension!