35. Trip to Agra, anyone?

Q/N - this one's a light fluff, getting in Valentines' mood! So nothing major in this chapter, just some love and bliss!

--*--

"mere saath Agra chalo (come with me to Agra), we'll see Taj mahal."

As soon Arnav said that he felt a strong déjà vu, as if he had said this same thing previously.

"I have seen it already, Papa." pat came Kavish's reply and those words from his son's mouth prompted him to remember a memory from almost 10 years ago...when he had asked the same question to Khushi and she had replied almost the same thing...

*flashback*

"Mere saath Agra chalo, Taj mahal dekh lena (come with me to Agra, you can visit Taj)" he said while picking his briefcase and straightening his suit jacket

"humne dekha hua hain, aur waise bhi humein safai karni hain (I have seen it already and I anyway have to do cleaning)" she was annoyed at him and didn't even look at him

"apne dimagh ki(of your mind)?"

"woh toh aap ke jate hi ho jayegi(that will be done as soon as you leave)"

And what followed was a stormy night, her being alone at home, him coming earlier and then she had run into his arms...oh the manipulative ba*tard he was!

*flashback ends*

That was back then, and now he was trying to convince his kids to go with him. He had a meeting in Agra, something he would be doing within a day and back before midnight. But he still didn't want to go alone. He would have just taken Khushi but she had to stay home for Payal, who was in her 3rd trimester now. So that left his kids (and their pet, Teddy). With Kavish already, not-so-politely declining his offer, he tried his luck with his angel daughters. Sure they wouldn't refuse him right?

Only now he was trying to convince 2 miniature versions of his own self and his wife, who were no less a challenge. One who was born stubborn and other who would rather spend her day staring at his rose plants than give him company! Pari gave him a non-interested look which Arnav was pretty sure in her language meant 'whatever' and continued pulling Teddy's ears. At 6 months, their pet dog was growing quite a shepherd he was! Arnav sighed and almost gave up but Aru had more questions, she walked near him asking for being picked up, 

"What's Agla?" she asked once settled in his lap, and her interest in Agra gave him a little hope. He could convince this one!

"It's a beautiful place baby, you will love it. and then dada will buy you lots of sweets, even your favorite muffins." he legit tried to bribe his 2-years-old daughter!

"Muffins?" Aru had recently been introduced to muffins, by none other than her dada, and now she only wanted that for her breakfast, lunch, dinner and pretty much every time she was hungry. Khushi was upset with it, obviously. But that was not a worry for now.

"yes muffins for my muffin. So, tum chalogi na?" he asked, not realizing Khushi had already come in the room and heard the last bit. He was going offsite and trying to convince their toddler daughter-who-by-the-way was a full time job herself, to go with him? Khushi had to intervene, and talk to the right person,

"Nahi, Aru can't. kyunki aaj toh mera baby and mamma are going to watch a movie! Simba(lion king) wala. Hain na shona?" Khushi asked pulling Aru in her lap, upping the bribe game!

"yeshh!" aru said giving a wide grin, and khushi kissed her daughter's chubby cheeks.

"that's not fair Khushi. you can't sway her on your side like that. She wanted to come with me. I get bored there without you all." He was almost stomping his feet, like a grumpy kid who was being sent to school. Do men get hormonal too, Khushi sometimes wondered.