Interlude II - 10 years Sneak-peek

Q/N - this is not a leap, from next chapter we'll again go back to present time.

--*--

A lot of things had changed in Raizada mansion from 2021 to 2031! House was renovated, many electronics gadgets were updated, they even owned a one-of-a-kind driverless car now! Apart from the battery-operated Tesla cars, of course.

But besides these physical things, the people inside the house were mostly the same! Of course, their appearances had changed. There was a young beautiful 16-year-old Piya now, a handsome-young sportsman Kavish, and 2 twin girls who were on the threshold of teenage! There was also a new member who wasn't there 10 years ago, youngest Raizada, Palash! He was the cutiepie of the family ! Another grown-up was family pet, Teddy! He was also called Mr.Tough by a certain bro-sis duo, who would go with him for a morning run (yeah you got it, its Chiku and Pari). While their 3rd sibling just loved spending her mornings in her comfortable bed and wait until her mamma woke her up!

The adults were doing fine too. Family matriarch Devyani Raizada was 86 and doing ok so far! She was proud of her grandkids and great grandkids! Manohar mamaji was speaking of retirement lately but Arnav and Akash had insisted he stayed on board for a few more years. Manorama mami had been very eager to give make-up tutorials to her ladli Piya but she often used to show less interest. Her dadi still hadn't given up though :P

Then there were Prakash brothers (and their wives and kids) who were loyal staff at Shantivan!

And then there were 2 couples of the house, who were about had celebrated 20 years of being married and still going strong! Well, sometimes there were banters and playful fights (you know who that was)

Just like tonight.....In arnav-khushi's bedroom,

"Arnavji you don't have time for me these days. You don't give me any attention." Khushi said, closing the wardrobe door loudly, to get her husband's notice. Arnav was working on his laptop, sitting on their bed. He didn't even look up before replying,

"Come on sweetheart. You know that I am busy with these German clients. In fact, I have to send an urgent email before sleeping." Arnav said, typing furiously in his laptop. Khushi had to admit to herself, even at 47 years of age, her husband looked as handsome as ever! But that irked her more, since the said 'handsome man' was not giving heed to her!

"See? You don't even kiss me goodnight lately forget anything else. Devi maiyya ka shukar hain at least my babies love me. Hum jaa rahe aap ko chod kar (I am leaving you). Aur ha, bacche bhi hamare saath hi rahenge (and kids will live with me). " Khushi said, in mock-anger, albeit trying to sound serious!

"Aur tumhara pati bhi tumhare sath hi rahega Khushi. Jaha bhi jao. (and your husband too, will live with you Khushi, wherever you go)." Arnav finally looked up and immediately noticed it was a serious matter, which needed his intervention.

"so the complaint is I don't kiss you right? abhi dur kar dete hain (let's take it away)." Arnav said playfully, coming dangerously closer to her.

Standing in her almost see-through nightgown, his 42 years old wife still looked every bit of a siren and if she doubted her effect on him, he would prove otherwise.

"Arnavji what are you doing!" Khushi gasped, as arnav picked her bridal style

"apni biwi ko utha raha hoon (lifting my wife in my arms). And by the way didn't you hear, 40s are the new 30s!" Arnav bragged amidst Khushi's giggles, and he then proceeded to prove his statement!

--*--

Next day, Khushi woke up in a very good mood, thanks to her husband's keen attention last night. She looked around their room to realize he had already left for his jog, which meant her other 2 kids had left with him too. She missed waking them up with her good morning kisses, which she did for many years! Her kids were growing up so fast! Well, at least 1 still allowed her to have her way.