49. Dear Maa (Mother's day special)

Happy Mother's Day to my mom, to all moms here amongst my readers, and to everyone who plays a role of a mother in our lives. Don't forget to wish your mom on this Sunday 💝😇

--*--

Since past two days, Arnav and his kids were busy in a "top secret" mission, making this Mother's Day special for Khushi! Chiku was already making a greeting card for her, in his own handwriting, while Arnav was going to help twins with their presents. Since the two-year-old toddlers could only manage so much, he had to ensure their gifts were as delicate and special, and what could be better than a bouquet of red roses? So pulled his daughters on his lap as he ordered an online bouquet of red roses to be delivered on the morning of Mother's Day.

And finally, he worked on his own gift for her, something he had shortlisted for her, from a long time. She deserved to be appreciated for being such a wonderful mother to their kids and he wanted to pamper her to the fullest.

He was also excited because this year, he was going to take his son and daughters to his mamma's garden, to take her blessings for his kids. Kavish had been there before, but twins hadn't. And Arnav was looking forward to that visit so much.
Khushi and he were unlucky in terms of losing their mothers early in life. Of course, they found mothers' love in Nani, mami, Di and in her case, her amma and jiji but still, no one can replace a mother's place!

--*--

Khushi woke up with a smile on her face, as she remembered what day it was. Until few years ago, she never really knew about this special day dedicated for mothers, let alone celebrate it. She first heard about it when it occurred during payal's first pregnancy and Akash wished the would-be-mom Payal with a beautiful bunch of carnations, which symbolize purity and love. She too had longed for motherhood then.

And the next year, she was pregnant with Chiku making her wishes come true. From that year onwards, she always looked forward to this day and just thanking Devi Maiyya for blessing her with this feeling and her precious babies.

With that thought Khushi stepped out in the poolside. The early morning breeze played with her open hair and just as last bunch of twinkling stars were fading away, she quickly found her birthmother. She barely remembered her amma but she wanted to wish her, thank her for giving her life.

She then went to kids' room and stood at the door, watching her babies blissfully sleeping, lost in their dreamland. She went near Chiku first kissing his cheek and forehead and then to twins, doing same to them and whispered, 'thank you for making me a mom'.

Aru woke up hearing her and as soon as she spotted her mother, she went into her lap. Khushi picked her up and stepped in their bedroom so as to not wake up her other 2 kids just yet. Arohi was also half asleep but was now speaking something incoherently, making Khushi chuckle. She placed Aru near a sleeping Arnav, kissed her baby and her baby's father on their foreheads, adjusted the blanket on them and went to take her morning bath.

--*--

After she was done getting ready for the day, she glanced at the sleeping father-daughter duo. Aru was sleeping on his chest, and he had her small figure wrapped in his strong protective arms. Pecking both their foreheads once again, she went to wake up Chiku for his school and Pari too.

When she sat on Kavish's bed, she just couldn't believe how fast he was growing up. It felt like yesterday when the nurse had handed a tiny few inches long bundle of softness and now here he was, almost 6 years old, and getting taller with each day. She caressed his face and ran her fingers through his soft hair. He moved in his sleep, and she shifted his head on her lap.