67. Air travels

This chapter is for my sweet reader and our birthday girl priyya ! Wish you many happy return of the day, dear ❤

Quick note - let's assume Arnav only owned a chopper(helicopter) and he bought private plane much later when kids grew up a bit.

--*--

"So, what do you think? Can we manage?" Arnav asked Khushi who looked a bit unsure to say yes. Seeing her biting her ring finger between her teeth, a sign of her indecisiveness made him slightly irritated too, "come on Khushi, it's just 4 days. I wouldn't have pressed so much but kids' school has holidays until Sunday so we all can go."

The thing was, Arnav was supposed to attend a business conference in Malaysia for 4 days and remembering how he was miserable the last time he went alone on one business trip last year to Chicago (chapter #14), he wanted to take Khushi and kids with him this time. Kids' school still had extended holiday for Diwali until this Sunday so that meant they could easily go too and he wouldn't have to sleep thousands of miles away from his heartbeats! If only, Khushi agreed.

It wasn't like Khushi didn't want to go with Arnav, or she didn't understand why he was urging her to say yes so much, it was just that she knew it would mean taking care of a lot of things. Payal jiji still needed to be spending a lot of time with baby Palash, Aakash and mamaji went to office, Naniji was getting older, so that would leave only Mamiji to take care of their entire house. And truth be told, Khushi herself didn't feel like leaving everyone behind like this. But she understood Arnav's plight too. And it was just for 4 days anyway.

She looked at his fallen face, he probably understood she was going to deny after thinking so much and she made her mind.

"kya kya pack karna hoga humein (what all would I need to pack)?" she asked cupping the side of his face and seeing the slow smile that appeared on his face as her question gave him his desired answer, she felt happiest too!

--*--

The preparations for their Malaysia trip began in full swing. It was pretty short notice, since they only had 2 days to prepare everything. Arnav's PA (not Aman, a new one now as Aman had taken a new role of MD), booked business class tickets for all 5 of them. He also got hotel booking done for a presidential suite in a well-known five-star hotel in Kuala Lumpur. Obviously, ASR and that too, with his family, wouldn't stay anywhere else.

On the other hand, Khushi was running short of time, ensuring she packed enough clothes for the kids (knowing how her kids needed change of clothes at least thrice within a day, especially that bratty one of them), then some light snacks in case kids didn't like any food available there in the hotel (and mainly because she herself was skeptical of not having her precious 'jalebis' there :P), and of course, their medicines.

Most important factor of all was that, this was the first time when twins would travel in a plane! They had been on road trips but never on an airplane, at least not since their birth. 

Before their birth though, as they were in Khushi's tummy, there was this one time when Arnav, Chiku and 6-month-pregnant Khushi were going to Lucknow in a plane. Khushi's experience with Chiku during her pregnancy with him was very pleasant as baby kavish would love air travels. She used to feel most happy when Arnav took her on chopper rides when she was expecting Chiku. So, she had assumed same would happen.

But that was not the case. Her otherwise 'dancing babies' became entirely quiet in her tummy as soon as she boarded the plane. She thought they might have slept for a bit, even though that was unlike them. They used to kick all the time at home and especially most of the day and night! If one baby slept, the other would be active, especially one of them was way more active! But now, the babies had become totally silent. She clutched Arnav's arm as the plane got on runway and picked up speed and as soon as the plane left land and became airborne, she felt a sharp movement in her tummy, on both sides! It seemed as if the babies had tried to 'hide' themselves or clutched her from within! During that 1 hour 40 minutes flight from Delhi to Lucknow, which she was making to take Devi maiyya's blessings from a temple in Lucknow, twins didn't move a bit. Neither did they do it after landing! and that scared her, and Arnav.