34. Payal Maasi

A/N – this one was a pending request from happyy_me, to read more on Payal. Hope you all like it. I have also clubbed small part on twins' birthday towards the end, as arshi's princesses have recently turned 2! Don't forget to wish them and give your blessings 😊

--*--

"Kishu, no more Jalebi for you. You have already had 3 since morning." Payal admonished her nephew, Kavish. It was a known fact that she and Khushi were in charge of disciplining the kids in the house while their husbands did the best job of being lenient!

"Please Payal maasi. Just one more. Pleeeease." Kavish said making a cute face. It was difficult to say no when he made a cute face like that. 'Raizada kids' Payal said in her mind but stayed firm in her stand.

"No kishu. Kal milegi ab (tomorrow) ok? Your teeth will go bad if you keep eating sweets like these." Payal said ruffling his hair. But kishu's face fell. He, like Khushi, was fond of sweets, Jalebi in particular, and could go on munching them for whole day. But Payal being a caring aunt she was, was trying to put a stop on this for his own health.

In all this, she missed that Arnav had witnessed whole scene and his face reflected one of those stern expressions, which meant he was either angry or upset. He approached them in quick steps, that's when Payal noticed him, coming there with a stern face.

For a minute Payal thought he was going to say something to her, maybe argue with her (which had never happened but still). But instead, he addressed his son,

"Baby, aap ko new videogame khelna hai (do you want to play new video game)?" hearing about new game immediately made Kavish jump and follow his father to his room, leaving Payal feeling restless.

Arnavji must have felt angry on her. Afterall he never liked anyone denying something to his kids. Why did he not say anything to her then? Was he is SO upset that he will not talk to her? Maybe he will complain to Akash. She should have let Kishu have a jalebi. All these thoughts quickly clouded Payal's mind, and she felt her eyes water.

Khushi entered the kitchen just then and looked surprised as Arnav lifted Kavish in his arms and stormed to their room, not so much as acknowledging her.

But before she could ask her Jiji, payal herself said,

"I am sorry Khushi. Arnavji ko ghussa aya hoga na humne kishu ko aise daant diya?" and then narrated what had happened a short while ago and how Arnav took his son away.

"Offo, aap bhi na jiji, you are really silly. Chiku jitna hamara hain utna hi aap ka bhi. (Chiku is as much yours as he is ours). And I as well Arnavji knows that you have never differentiated between Piya and Chiku. Don't worry, it's nothing." Khushi tried to convince Payal at her best. In the corner of her mind though, she also feared if Arnav was really upset but she will talk to him.

"lekin fir bhi. Arnavji-" Payal started to voice her doubts again but khushi didn't let her. Her jiji shouldn't worry about these things, least when she was heavily pregnant and had her own mood swings.

"Jiji, don't mind him. Unka bass chalein toh kisi ko bacchon ko daantne na de. But that doesn't mean we will let it be na? now come on, tell me which cakes do you want to order for your laadlis (darling daughters)?" khushi cleverly changed the subject to twins' birthday cakes and Payal happily helped her in choosing the cake, forgetting her worries. The event management firm in charge of twins' birthday party had given them few choices for the cake flavors, which would be custom made as per each girl's likings and Arnav had asked Khushi to choose, him being busy with guest list and other arrangements.

--*--

The day of twins' birthday:

It was an intimate function in a banquet hall of Maurya Sheraton, a five-star hotel in outskirts of Delhi. Selected eminent personalities from the Raizadas' friend circle were invited, along with some media people. The press was very happy as they will get to finally capture Delhi's power couple's daughters' photos. Until now, only unofficial photos of the twins were available and that itself used to make their readers go aww. But mr. and mrs. Raizada had carefully guarded their kids' privacy, even their son's first official images were made available when he turned 2 and same went for their daughters now.