76. NK ki shaadi - part1

Q/N - I had promised you all to give parallel scenes during this wedding. So, let's begin from the meetha(sweet) one! Their first *ahem* kiss! You can watch entire scene added above or start directly at 4 min. Video credit-Sitara urf Star plus!

--*--

After very tiring last few days wherein Raizada and Gill families prepared for Nk and Jaz's wedding, countless shopping sprees, and performing a few rituals like shagun and puja, they were ready to leave for Gill's hometown today. Their flight was at afternoon so, everyone had stayed at home. It was a little tough for Arnav, Aakash and even Khushi to take 3 workdays off but even more tough for Piya and Kavish to bunk their school. Today was Wednesday, the wedding was on Saturday evening, and they were to return to Delhi on Sunday. But considering how this celebration was happening after years of wait, they all accommodated with their routines...

.

.

Finishing his last conference call before the trip, as Arnav walked in their bedroom, he stood astonished. Because there stood his gorgeous wife, decked in a baby pink saree AND standing on a chair near their wardrobe! She was trying to reach the top shelf and find something. The chair wobbled a little and Arnav's heart skipped a bit! Hordes of servants he was paying, yet his overenthusiastic wife wanted to do everything on her own. Especially things involving risks.

"Khushi, get down, I will do it." Arnav said, walking near the chair, his heart beating at an erratic speed. He couldn't wait there for her to trip and fall! Sometimes he felt watching over Arohi and Pari was much easy than handling his babies' mother!

"Tsk. Nahi Arnavji, you won't be able to find it. I know where I had asked it to be kept last time." she said, trying to reach at the back of the top shelf! She didn't spare a glance at him and now stood on her tiptoes trying to reach further into the cupboard and he had enough.

"Stop, Khushi! You can't do everything." He said, holding her by her waist. That sentence and that touch successfully stopped her fiddling and got her attention to her agitated husband.

"Hum kar sakte hai, aur- (I can do and-)" and as she defiantly looked at him while saying that, they both got teleported back to a memory which involved similar exchange of words...

Flashback from payal-akash's wedding:

Anjali and Nani had asked Khushi to fetch a kangan from Arnav's room, their effort to set Khushi and arnav together. Khushi had prayed to her devi maiyya before entering this devil's den- aka Arnav's room. Excited at not finding him nearby, she hastily picked the kangan kept near poolside table but to her bad luck (and clumsiness!) it fell right into the pool...then as she was trying to get it, his hand reached there to help her. And then he had said the exact same thing,

"Har kaam tum khud nahi kar sakti(you can't do everything)" he challenged her

"Kar sakte hai!(I can do anything)!" she had tried to stand her ground, quite unsuccessfully.

"Kya tum woh karogi jo main karunga(will you do something that I will do)?" he had asked and so helpless she was in his trap that she had nodded vigorously in approval! He tugged at her pink dupatta, her own cheeks flushed in almost similar color, and he pulled her closer...

and then smirking at his own victory, he had kissed her, the sound of that sloppy kiss very much audible amidst the dhak dhak of her own heart

End of flashback

They both chuckled as they revisited that memory of a decade ago! How he had reminded her back then that she was in his room and now she stood in the same place what was now their room; how he had challenged her for a petty little kiss on his cheek back then while now they had countless- well- yeah...but yes, it all felt surreal!