108. Mysteries of past -2

Khushi noticed Arnav was lost in some deep thoughts after returning from his office. He didn't answer when she asked him if he wanted a cup of coffee or directly will have dinner, and when she asked did Pari troubled him in his work, his answer was incoherent 'as always'! Khushi knew something was wrong. But she decided to wait until after they were done with dinner and the kids were put to sleep.

Arohi and Chiku were already downstairs after returning from buaji's house in Lakshmi Nagar and Khushi decided to change Pari's clothes too to her jammies before dinner. She took Pari to the bathroom, freshened her up and then took her to the kids' room near their wardrobe. Khushi remembered the feedback they received from the parents-teacher meeting this morning and decided to get Pari to say more, at least to her. Her speech therapist Rashmi had been visiting them for the past year, but Pari wasn't improving much. So, Khushi decided to put more effort herself for her child. By now, she had accepted Pari was not like her other two kids and had slow progress with her speech but that didn't mean Khushi would quit trying.

So, taking Pari near the cupboard, she asked, "So which color pajama my baccha want to wear today?"

Pari looked at her maa and then at the cupboard and just indicated to a purple color one.

Khushi took a deep breath, and asked again, "Which one, baccha?"

Pari again indicated the same one with her index finger, without a word.

Khushi didn't give up and asked, sitting near Pari to come to her level, "Aise nani, aap ko bol kar batana hoga, Pari (Not like this, you have to speak up, Pari). Tell your mamma, which one?"

But then even if Khushi didn't, Pari had lost her patience! She whined and indicated to the same pajamas. Why was her maa who understood everything she had on her mind not doing so today?

Just then Arnav came there. Already in a sour mood, hearing Pari's small cry made him more irritated, and his anger was directed to Khushi again.

"Khushi, why are you after her? Give her what she wants. She must be tired today."

Khushi opened her mouth to protest but one look at Arnav's sunken face, she knew he was angry and worried about something else.

She decided to let this matter go, and took the purple jammies, changed Pari into it and they left for dinner.

But throughout the dinner, khushi noticed how Arnav wasn't himself...

.

.

They had put the kids to sleep, and Arnav and she were now sitting on their master bed, leaning against the headboard.

"So, how is Rohan?" Khushi asked, tentatively. Arnav was furiously typing on his cellphone and Khushi had no idea what or to whom it was.

"Who?" he asked without looking up.

"The person who was texting you in the afternoon?" she supplied, and he looked up instantly, frown visible on his face. Khushi continued, "You had mentioned it was your friend from Harvard, Rohan, as Jatin ji told you. Was it not him?"

Arnav gave a nervous smile, "Of course. Of course, it was Rohan. You asked so suddenly so it didn't click me at first."

Khushi looked at him suspiciously. A wife in her and as a person knowing him better than himself, told her that he was keeping something from her. But in all these years, she was sure of one thing, she didn't have to worry about his loyalty to her. So, it must have been something that he thought would bother her.

However, she wanted to share his worries. So, she asked again, "Why don't you invite Rohan ji for dinner tomorrow?"

That caught him off guard.