111. Chiku's first interview (Flashback)

This one's for my dear reader mahima, arshibarun. It took me a while to fulfil your request, but I hope the chapter is worth the wait! ♥

Please Note: Half of this chapter is in present and then in flashback.

--*--

Present day, Shantivan:

It was a pleasant evening. Khushi's day had been good so far and about to get better! She had gone to her office at Gupta foods earlier that morning and had a productive day at work, their new product 'instant Jalebi mix' was very well received by customers. Her kids' summer vacation had started so she didn't have to worry over managing with Arnav about who was going to pick them from school.

And as her kids were at home, her heart had automatically directed her to wrap her work sooner and go home earlier. On her way home when she called Payal jiji to ask if they needed anything from the market, Chiku had taken Payal's phone and then made his demand for a 'tasty evening snacks'.

And now, sitting on the dining table chair, she was nearly done laying out all the dishes she had made to fulfil her chiku's demand, when two small hands wrapped around her from back and covered her eyes.

She smiled to herself.

This was Chiku's favorite game. "Guess who". Wherein he would come from behind on light feet and close the person's eyes and they had to guess who it was. Of course, they all knew who it was! But the unwritten rule was they had to guess it wrong.

And then Chiku would squeal in joy after 3rd or 4th wrong guess and declare it was him.

This was his favorite game as a toddler. Especially his and Khushi's!

They hadn't played it in a long time though.

Khushi raised her own hands and felt her baby's small palms that covered her eyes.

Her smile turning to a grin now, she said, "Arnavji?"

"Wrong!" came a reply mixed with soft laughter.

"Umm, Piya?"

"hehe wrong again!"

"Offo! Who is it then?" she pretended to think, "Such soft hands, such a naughty behavior, it has to be my baby!" she said, pretending that she was giving it a thorough thought and was near to guessing who it is!

Chiku's eyes widened in shock, resembling small laddus. Did his mamma identify him? Would he lose for the first time? Uh-uh!

"Aru?" Khushi said after a minute making him give a winning shout!

Chiku removed his hands, "Yay! Wrong guess, mamma. It's me! You lost!"

Khushi faked a small pout. But seeing his joy at winning at this game was worth a thousand defeats!

"Hum kya karein, aap ne toh humein fasa diya, Chiku (What to do, you are so good at this game, Chiku)!" she said and pulled Kavish to come to stand face to face making his smile winder. She then made him sit on her lap.

Chiku allowed her but when khushi ruffled his soft hair and kissed his cheek, he complained, "No kissys mamma! I am a big boy now."

Khushi sighed wistfully. Why did he have to remind her? She wanted to pause the time and let him be her small prince for a little bit longer!

Deciding to make him happy, she uncovered a few lids to show what she had made for him for the evening snacks.

Chiku jumped in joy as he saw it, "Wow! Basket chaat! And dahi bhalle (dahi wada)!" he exclaimed and then turning around wrapped his arms around khushi, "Thank you, thank you, thank you, mamma! You are the best!"