78. NK ki shaadi - part 3

Today's parallel scene: From the time of arnav-khushi's remarriage(since I've already done a parallel of their first mehendi during payash wedding in chapter 50). In this one, Khushi's mehendi doesn't turn as dark which she corelates as a proof to Arnav's lack of love. What follows is Arnav getting infuriated when told about this and declares his love doesn't need proof! Enjoy!

Also, put your headphones on!

--*--

The day of Mehendi

The Gill haveli was buzzing with excitement that late afternoon as Mehendi function was about to begin. As goes the norm, the men were banned from attending it until the bride (Jaz) and other ladies were done applying the mehendi and then there was a small party arranged. The Sangeet was of course the next day, but this was more like a small precursor and as Jaz's tauji(uncle) said, Punjabis don't need a formal occasion to dance!

So, currently, all the ladies were sitting in a large circle inside the giant hall, getting mehendi applied on their palms, while the men were lounging in the courtyard outside. There was also a small group of ladies with dhol(drum) and singing traditional songs in the hall. Kids didn't have any such restrictions, so they were welcomed both places and had taken advantage of it to the maximum.

Kavish had already made friends with kids his age and some even elder to him and he and Piya had joined them in the outdoor games. While some were bratty-specially a boy called Bunty, others were mostly welcoming and with Kavish's charm, he was already a hero amongst them! From where Arnav, Aakash and Mamaji were seated, they could see the kids enjoying a game of cricket. Kavish held the bat and hit a good shot, making all of them cheer!

"Puttar ji, twadha munda toh star hain (your son is a star)! Itti jaldi sab de naal ghul mil bhi gaya si aur sabko dost bana litta (He made friends so easily)." Jaz's uncle complimented.

"Yeah. He is like his mother in making friends." Arnav said smiling mildly.

"Aur twadhe jaisi kad kathi hain (and physique like you). You should make him a film hero or a politician when he grows up." Another uncle shared his "future vision" for Kavish Singh Raizada...

Arnav didn't say anything as such but just politely nodded. He had long decided, none of his kids would be forced to make a career decision. And if he could see correctly, his son was a multi-talented kid who had a wide horizon of career choices when he grows up. But again, that was way into the future...

"Da!" Pari's voice pulled his attention to his lap where she had started fidgeting now.

A well-known secret about these twin sisters, no matter how much Arohi hated large gatherings like Arnav, she loved anything that had music and dances to it! So, currently she was with Khushi inside the hall where there was a lot of dhol-band-baja and dancing going on in the mehendi function. Pari, on the other hand, didn't mind people as such but would rather spend time in presence of plants like her dad, or spend time with their pet Teddy(unlike him), or like here in the Gills' out yard where she could enjoy both, the solace of nature and the presence of her four-legged friends...

Arnav looked down at his baby girl and what was bothering her, when she indicated towards the tabela(animal-shed). Since there was still time to sunset, most animals had not return from grazing, but one pair of a cow and her calf had stayed behind. And apparently Pari madam wanted to go near them.

"Looks like Pari puttar wants to meet our Bholi." Jaz's dadaji said, following Pari's gaze and smiling fondly looking at their pet cow, named Bholi. She had recently given birth to a calf and thus had stayed behind instead of going away for grazing...she was provided food there itself.