10. It Meant Nothing-2

A/N – alright, so this was long due. You guys were asking for another chapter on Khushi's meant nothing so here we go. This is with a new character though, I will write IMN with Sidharth's story(continuation of chapter 5) too, but sometime later.

--*--

"What? Nikhil Sahni is coming. As in that Bollywood actor? But why?" Arnav asked Aman on phone, almost yelling

"Yes ASR, the same Nikhil. He is a favorite of Namish Malhotra's and Namish suggested his name for our ad campaign. He thinks we both would benefit a lot from this association" Aman replied as he still didn't get why ASR was reacting like that hearing a Bollywood star's name. It wasn't like ASR was a fanboy, was he?

If only Aman knew why!

Nikhil Sahni was a name well too familiar to Arnav. No, not because 'Nick' as he was fondly called was a famous film star but because his former association with Khushi! And now he was going to accompany Namish to a meeting that was scheduled at Arnav's home! Just great!!

--*--

Arnav first came to know about Nikhil 4 years ago, when they bumped into each other at a party in Delhi. Nikhil was a struggling actor that time and as it happened, film stars, famous or not are invited to add glamor to these high society parties.

FLASHBACK – 4 years ago

Arnav was surprised to see a charming young man approach him and Khushi and tried to recollect where did he meet him. Until he realized the man was not smiling at him but at his wife,

"Khushi, woah! Is that really you?" the man asked a puzzled Khushi. But she seemed to immediately recognize him

"Hey Devi maiyya, Nikhil ji aap? Aap ko itne saalon baad dekhkar bohot khushi hui" she said,

"of course mujhe bhi. And you look even more pretty now. It's been 6 years, right?" the man, Nikhil, asked and Arnav regretted not carrying their toddler son with them that night. Not that it was relevant, but still, you know.

"shayad. But where do you work now? I am sure you are an established dancer as you wanted to be" Khushi continued chatting as her old habit, almost forgetting to introduce Arnav, until he cleared his throat to get the attention and break the 'sweet reunion' of sorts that was happening here. Khushi immediately realized and introduced him to Nikhil,

"I am sorry, I forgot to introduce you to my husband. Meet my husband Arnav Singh Raizada and Arnav ji this is Nikhil, my friend from Lucknow. He used to go to the dance Academy near our house" she introduced them to each other

"Hello Mr. Raizada, nice to meet you" Nikhil extended his hand and Arnav reluctantly took it thinking 'wish I could say the same' in his mind. Although loudly he maintained his manners and replied with a 'same here'.

The evening went on with Nikhil and Khushi merrily chatting about what happened in each other's lives in past 6 years and looking at them one could only say they were talking as if they were childhood friends. Arnav could only watch them with occasional 'really' and 'nice' in between. Nikhil told them that he was a struggling actor in Bollywood and was trying to set his footing in Mumbai, although he visited him parents in Delhi. Khushi told him about Arnav's business, her own food business and Nikhil immediately commented saying she made the best jalebis he had ever had. This would have continued for another hour and Arnav was losing patience. Knowing Khushi he knew that she wasn't doing anything intentionally, but he still felt ignored. Him being introvert didn't help either.

So, Arnav finally decided to pull an old dirty trick, mention their child!

'urm Khushi, Kavish ke sone ka time ho gaya hain na, humein late ho raha hain" not bothering to look at the watch which barely showed 8 pm, knowing how his hyperactive son's bedtime was nowhere before 10 and they had hardly been here for an hour at the party, yet to have dinner even.