26. ASR and picnics?

Kavish opened his eyes, rubbing them to wipe the remnants of sleep away. He had expected to be wrapped in his mamma's arms like every morning when he opened his eyes but was surprised to see his Papa having him cuddled to himself. He smiled brightly, not even slightly remembering what had happened last night, how his papa had shouted at him and how he had cried to sleep. That is how a child's heart is, only retaining good memories and letting go the bad!

Arnav sensed his son was awake, and suddenly felt nervous. He had been waiting for Kavish to wake up since almost dawn, having had restless sleep but now when his baby was awake, he feared if he would be able to get a forgiveness from his baby.

"Good morning papa" came his son's voice, suddenly giving him an answer. 

"Good morning baby! Papa was waiting for you wake up" Arnav said caressing Kavish's soft cheeks.

"Really papa?" he asked stretching his small arms, yawning.

"Haan baby, really. Aap kabse so rahe the. Also papa wanted to say sorry for making his baby cry yesterday. I am sorry beta." And Kavish suddenly remembered last evening. How his papa was angry at him and how his mamma told him she will make everything right. His magic mamma! And then he looked at his papa, who was looking so cute right now, with messed up hair and a pout on his lip! His mamma was right, he was a laad governor but a very sweet one!

"Papa, its ok. I am not sad now." He said wrapping his small hands around Arnav's neck.

"Pakka?" Arnav asked with apprehension.

"Yes but one condition" Kavish said keeping one hand on his mouth to stop his childish giggle.

"Anything! You want to go to that movie? Let me call Jatin and-"

"offo no papa. Ritivij already told me that movie is boring. I want something else"

"Haan bolo na baby. kya chahiye? Cricket kit? Want to go to watch a match live in a stadium? New toys? Jalebi?" Arnav started listing few things that might interest Kavish.

"Picnic!" Chiku declared.

"What the? Kya?" Let's just say even if picnics were a part of their lives since Kavish was born, Arnav was still not a "fan" of those.

"haan papa. Lets go to picnic. Its been soo long since we went to one! Please?"

And Arnav knew he would never say no his babies!

--*--

If anyone said to Arnav he would not only go to picnic but also enjoy them, he would have laughed at their face or better still, said 'what the-'s at least 10 times.

But then that was before a certain Khushi Kumari Gupta Singh Raizada happened to him and then came along their munchkins! So picnics were a part of their life for a few years now and Arnav had loved spending that time, laughing with abandon in the company of his cute family.

--*--

They were seated in the garden with Teddy playing around with Pari, Chiku bouncing his tennis-ball and the rest 3 just seating on the mat with their picnic basket. Happiness was in the air!

Arnav suddenly had an urge to tease Aru. Lying on khushi's lap he pulled her hands around his neck, and loudly said, "It feels so nice on your lap Khushi" and that got his daughter's attention.

As expected, Arohi marched to her parents and shouted at Arnav, "dada! Get up! That's my mamma"

Arnav chuckled at her possessiveness for Khushi. But he continued teasing her, "she is my Khushi first, princess! Then your mamma. I am not moving." Khushi rolled her eyes at his antics.