65. Stars and moon!

Happy Karva chauth (belated) to those who celebrated it yesterday ❤

--*--

"Mamma, why do you fast tomorrow?" Kavish asked Khushi who was looking through many jewelry boxes scattered on their bed, as a part preparing for Karva chauth next day.

"Because I love your papa and I want him to always be happy and always be with us and live a long life." she replied with a loving smile playing on her lips, thinking of Chiku ke papa!

"So, you are fasting because you love papa?" Chiku asked, confirming what he heard

"haan beta (yes baby)." she said with a smile and started looking through her jewelry for tomorrow.

"And you cannot eat anything tomorrow? Not even jalebis?" he asked, with dramatically big eyes, mimicking his mamma's expressions of shock

"Yes, Chiku, not even jalebis." she replied with a chuckle and ruffled his hair.

Chiku thought for a while. "Mamma, I want to fast too." he said with a serious face

"Kya? but why?"

"Because I love you and papa, and Aru and Pari" he said and then hit his forehead as if he forgot to add people in the list! "And Piya didi, maasi, chachu-"

"bass bas bas (enough of it) Chiku! Itne sabke liye vrat karoge (will you fast for so many people)?" khushi's eyes widened with shock hearing her innocent baby list down all the people he was planning to fast for!

"haan mamma, I love them all and I want all of them to be happy. Oh, and my friend, Rucha-" he started the list again when khushi stopped him and pulled him in her embrace, kissing his cheeks

"Aww mera pyara baccha (my sweet baby), aise nahi hota beta (it doesn't work that way). Pehli baat toh aap bohot chote ho, aur dusri baat ye ki ye vrat sirf mummy-papa log karte hai (first, you are very small and second, this vrat is done by only mummy-papa (adults))." she said and kissed his soft cheeks again.

"Oh" he said, trying to comprehend how this 'vrat' stuff works!

As he was sitting in her lap and his overwhelmed mamma had kissed him, there was a catch. As much loving our chiku was, he had also started being averse to so much of hugs and kisses from his mamma-papa, after all he is a big boy now!

"tsk, mamma no kissies ok?" he said rubbing his cheeks and khushi chuckled at his antics. Well, who's going to listen to him? No matter what he says, she is his mother and has full right to keep showing her affection no matter how grown up he is!

--*--

Mr. Singhania was in an extremely happy mood. No, not just because his jewelry sales were higher around Diwali time but also because he had gotten a call from none other than his wealthiest client, Mr. Arnav Singh Raizada! Arnav had asked him to come to AR directly and had given specific instructions on what he wanted!

.

.

There was a serious atmosphere in the main conference room in AR, where Aman Mathur was presenting in front of board members and the CEO himself, ASR!

"So, in conclusion ASR, our ad campaign was a huge success, our staff new-and-old is getting charged up to work in full force and AR's sales are at all-time high, after we announced AHA last month." Aman, MD of AR's Delhi office and ASR's right hand over years, proudly briefed him. And the slight nod from his boss was his clue that he was satisfied.

Well, Arnav was still the same strict boss, alright! And maybe that was also a reason for AR's humongous success over years...

--*--