46. ASR falls sick...

Holi of 2022 brought a lot of excitement in Raizada mansion. Amidst the contagious excitement of Khushi Singh Raizada who liked to be prepared for Holi a week in advance and who was going to be celebrating it properly after 2 years (last year twins were very small, and year before that she was pregnant with them), this year they also had another reason to celebrate.
Payal-Akash's new baby! Payal had delivered a healthy baby boy just 1 week ago and was busy with the baby. Needless to say, responsibility of managing other 4 Raizada kids fell on Khushi!

She had just gotten Pari ready for the day and was walking by the poolside balancing Pari on her hips, when she spotted other 3 kids huddled in a group and doing something secretively,

"Ye kya ho raha hain yaha (what's happening here)?" she asked going near and the 3 small heads jumped in surprise. She put Pari on ground so she could go near her siblings.

"oui, mamma, no-nothing, we are just playing" chiku nervously said and Piya too hurriedly nodded, "yes maasi, we're just playing" as they hid their hands behind them.

Khushi narrowed her eyes, "Hmm, so no one includes me in their secrets, hai na Pari?" she said pouting, as she kneeled on the floor near the group, while Pari smiled probably knowing her maa's plan.

Seeing her antics, Piya and chiku didn't budge but Aru immediately went near khushi, keeping her hands on her face and cupping it like her dada does, "No mamma." she said and chiku and piya facepalmed as Aru gave in and opened their secret. Aru's color-filled hands now colored Khushi's cheeks!

Khushi touched her cheek and looked back at the kids, and for a moment they all were scared. And then they heard her, "hamare bina holi ki taiyyari (holi preparations without me)?" as she broke into a grin making Piya and chiku relieved. But Arohi didn't understand what just happened. She pouted sadly looking at her mamma. Khushi laughed picking her and cuddled her near herself,

"Aru, color toh holi pe lagate hain, aapne humpe pehle hi color laga diya (colors are applied on Holi, you colored me before that)." Khushi said making her baby comfortable in her lap and then asked the other two, "ok, what've we got?"

"Yay! come on mamma, lets decide which colors we want to pick, I want blue!" Chiku pointed out to the main task at hands and the group spent next half an hour deciding and picking their favorite colors to use for Holi, while also playing a pre-Holi of sorts!

Hearing clearing of throat from behind her, Khushi turned, only to see Arnav standing there with amused expressions on his face, "If you kids are done playing Holi in advance, go and get cleaned and dried up. I don't want anyone falling sick on holi."

"haww, I am not a kid Arnavji." Khushi said and Arnav lifted his one eyebrow, bent his head slightly on a side, in his signature gesture which meant "really?" and khushi gave up the fight

--*--

Holi went well and everyone including Arnav participated in it with much zest. The colors they had used were herbal colors made from plants/flowers like every year and overall every safely precaution was taken to ensure none of the kids had any issues. If only they knew...

"Aachoo" Arnav sneezed for the 20th time in last hour, and Kavish said, "bless you, papa" just as many. Khushi was fumbling with the medicine box to find a tablet for his cold, as she looked up worried. Arnav was lying down on their bed, while Kavish was standing nearby worried for him,

"Kavish, go to your room or play with Piya downstairs, Papa is not well baby, aapko bhi sardi ho jayegi!" Arnav told Kavish, and sneezed again, "Aachoo!" followed by a 'dammit!' and 'sorry'.

Khushi sighed. Arnav generally never fell sick, but if and when that time came, he behaved worst than a laad governor(himself)!

"Where are you going?" he asked Khushi, as he saw she was following Chiku