39. Aman's anniversary & egoistic ASRs

They were invited to Aman and his wife Purvi's 3rd wedding anniversary party. Payal had stayed home as it was her 9th month now and much travel wasn't allowed. So only Akash, Manorama mamiji, Arnav and Khushi were going. It was decided that all kids would stay home too, as it would be past their bedtime when the party got over. And all kids except one, agreed!

"Aru, Shona, waha thik se behave karna (behave there) ok? No running here and there and don't leave mine or your dada's hand or stay with your Akash Chachu's or mano dadi, samjhe aap?" Khushi once again instructed Arohi, as they were on their way, with Arnav driving, Khushi beside him with Aru on her lap and Akash and mamiji on back seat.

"NO!" Arohi squealed and went back to being comfortable in Khushi's lap and playing with car's stereo!

"Kya karein iska? From where has she learnt all this nautanki?" Khushi asked no one really.

"From her mamma of course!" Arnav mumbled but Khushi heard anyway and rolled her eyes. She would have argued with him saying aru was many steps ahead of her in terms of being a sanka devi, Aru was in fact a dangerous combo of laad governor and sanka devi. But they had Akash and mamji in back seat so khushi didnt say anything.

"she can be a handful. I know." Arnav sighed

"A handful? More like a tornado bhai." Akash added laughingly and mamiji agreed too.

"don't exaggerate now, Akash. And Khushi, stop worrying, main hoon, hmm?" arnav assured her but Khushi was worried anyway. Not for Arohi but for the people inside the party hall!

"that's what I am scared about, you both can do anything anytime to embarrass me." Khushi said more to herself than their child who was clinging to her when arnav opened their side of car door. He took aru from khushi's lap and she went back to clinging him instead! Immediately camera flashes started coming, after all the "Raizadas" were out for the evening, media wanted to catch a glimpse.

Arnav immediately hid aru's face in his neck so they can't take her photos. He had already allowed one during her birthday. He wanted to protect his kids' privacies at least until they themselves could decide about it. 

--*--

"Arre Manorama ji, after a long time. How are you? and how is your bahu, Payal?" a lady of manorama's age, who was also friend, greeted her.

"bilkul phit and phine (fit and fine). baby is expected anytime now." mamiji replied, her face showing excitement for the upcoming grandchild

"I hope you confirmed its a boy this time. first grandchild is girl na? at least now you should get lucky to have a baby boy." the lady's ridiculous remarks made not only akash but even Arnav-khushi angry at her. And before Akash could reply, his mother took care of it, 

"We confirmed its a healthy baby and our only hope and prayer for this baby is it should be healthy! and about boyz, then hamare ghar mein all kids are considered lucky! khair. aap ke samajh mein nahi aayega, thodi high ishtandard baat hain na (you wont understand, its about being sophisticated)." her reply effectively embarrassed and shut the lady while Akash and arnav-khushi felt happy to hear that.

--*--

As arnav and Khushi went to greet Aman and purvi and they stood near the center table, aru leaned down from arnav's arms to where a 2-layered cake was kept and reached for the plastic knife to cut it! She wasn't really wrong, as every cake cutting in Raizada house since she was born, was done by her! She was used to having her ways with the celebration cakes, as no one touched the cakes before her. Thankfully pari had shown no interest in cakes whatsoever so they had worry about one thing less. 

But this was the first time aru was experiencing cake cutting somewhere outside their family and she clearly didn't know how it worked!

"Let's cut cake." she said picking the plastic knife and refused to leave it and that brought everyone's attention. Arnav clearly didn't want to forcefully take it out of her hands