40. Good news and grief -part1

We have a brand-new banner for this ff (those who read it on IF, have seen it). I am in the process of getting kids and our Teddy added to it! thanks to Serpensortia_Shiri ❤

--*--

Aman had called Arnav early that morning and insisted to get Khushi on line too, as he and his wife wanted to share something with both Mr. and Mrs. Raizada. Arnav sensed it was something very important or else Aman wouldn't want a family call that too on a morning of a workday. Over the years Arnav and Khushi had become his closest family, and Arnav respected that. He went in search of Khushi and found her in kitchen almost done with kids' breakfast. Arnav gestured her to the phone and signaled her to come upstairs.

"Yes Aman, Khushi is here, tell us." ASR spoke while Khushi came inside wiping her hands with kitchen napkin.

"It is a good-news, ASR. Purvi and I wanted to share this news with you both." came his voice and arnav-khushi looked at each other. "We are going to be parents!" Aman and Purvi spoke at once, getting similar excitement filled reaction from Khushi on this side.

"Hey Devi maiyya, that's so wonderful Amanji, Pruviji. Congratulations to you both." Khushi's face had brightened up hearing the good news, their happiness had reflected in her smile too.

"Congrats Aman, Purvi." Arnav smiled and wished in a formal tone.

"Thank you Khushi bhabhi, thanks ASR. Its our first baby so we are scared and excited, both." Aman's voice had already shown his excitement and Khushi knew, Purvi would be nervous yet happy too. She looked at Arnav, who suddenly looked taken aback.

After the call, Arnav got up abruptly and started collecting his laptop bag to leave for office. He was in such a hurry that when Khushi tugged at his arm, to halt his hurried movements, he almost got startled.

"Aman's news made you remember her, our first baby, hai na?" she asked in a small voice, making him close his eyes in pain. 7 years had passed but seemed like they were still healing...

Sept 2014 (flashback)

On Khushi's birthday that year, Arnav had whisked her away to a Europe vacation and then on her birthday, they had spent a romantic night in Paris. That entire one week had been dream-like where all he and Khushi did was roam around the picturesque locations in Europe without a single care of the world and whenever they weren't doing that, they were locked in their hotel room, making love, making up for all the time they had lost in their initial days of married life!

When they had a video call, Payal had even teased Khushi about the glow on her face and a giggling Khushi confessed the reason was indeed Arnav! Payal had felt so happy for her baby sister then.

After they returned, they again got another occasion to celebrate, their second marriage anniversary (the remarriage one). Everyone once again teased Khushi and Arnav on their second honeymoon, while Khushi sneaked out from the teasing sessions and made her way to food counter instead, munching on Pani puris!

Next day, Khushi woke up feeling extremely sick and nauseous. Somehow she managed to reach the bathroom and no sooner did she open the door, she threw up! That made Arnav wake up with a jerk, and while cleaning her and bringing her back to bed, he cursed her Pani puris for this!

Only, it was not that. Her sickness continued for another day, and finally they visited a doctor.

They had laughed when doctor asked to check for pregnancy too, they confidently said they were on birth control! But when Khushi's pregnancy report came out positive, both went in shock! They were on birth control, of course but during their vacation and recent celebration mood before their wedding anniversary, they had forgotten about it a few times!