16. Eventful evenings

Happy Navratri and Dussehra guys 🤗 May Devi Maiyya bless us all with health and happiness 😇

About prev. chapter: I got some amazing replies on who will be AR's future CEO. While time will tell us who it will actually be, here's my vision. Piya's going to be a writer and/or a singer, I plan to portray her as artistic type. Kavish/Chiku will be a cricket player and will lead Delhi team as a captain before trying his hands in politics as well (I see one of them having a political career since Raizadas are very influential) Taurayim hope that still goes with your guess 👍. That leaves Pari and Aru. My Aru will be a producer/director of Bollywood/Hollywood movies (and will produce a movie on her parents' life one day, one of that will be this book 😊) and finally, yes I see Pari taking over from her father as AR's CEO. 😇as our readers  rkala1524 and whateverworks21 had guessed. She has a LONG way to go there though and many challenges on her way. So yeah, there's my vision for them. LMK what you thought about it. And now onto next chapter.😎

--*--

It was a rather busy day for Khushi and Arnav, managing ever-so-increasing workload, handling 3 young kids(2 of them very active) and ongoing festivals! This week was Navratri and Raizada family was preparing for their annual tradition of hosting 'kanya-pujan', a religious and exciting tradition of pampering little girls, as little incarnations of Goddess Durga.

"But why cant we just do that for our girls? We already have 3 in our house, no?" Arnav asked, as Khushi handed him a list of things needed for next day evening, she herself was getting ready to go to manufacturing unit of 'Gupta foods', her presence was needed to ensure for a visit from food inspector as a routine practice.

"Because they are also hosts! Also, the blessings we will get after this pooja are also for them so they cant be the ones getting pampered in this" Khushi replied while trying to tie her mangalsutra around her neck. She was not a fan of removing that every day and wearing again but ever since her twins were born, they had shown special liking for 'trying to eat' her mangalsutra's pendant! So, she had no option but to only wear it while going out!

"Hmm. By the way, Mohan had called some time ago. He is going for a 3-week holiday" Arnav informed, stepping behind her, helping her with the chain. Also, stealing the opportunity to kiss that milky skin of her neck, which was too irresistible to let go without having a taste of it again.

Khushi's eyes closed automatically. Remind her again, why couldn't they stay like that for long?

"he has sent a replacement driver for the meantime though. His name is Pavan I think. He will drive you to office, and I will take the SUV" Arnav continued, while hugging her from behind. She finally opened her eyes after a moment. Only bits of the information reaching her

--*--

When Khushi reached the courtyard after feeding Aru and Pari and helping Chiku with his day's schedule, she spotted a young boy near their sedan car. From the looks of it, he looked not more than 20. And as she walked closer, she noticed some smoke coming from his mouth. Wait, he was smoking? They had a strict no-smoke policy for Raizada drivers and Mohan knew that.

As soon as he sensed her approaching, he threw the half-burnt cigarette away and straightened up. Khushi noticed his unkempt attire, something neither of the Raizada staff used to wear.

"Namaste mem-saab(Madam)" he greeted her and she politely nodded. 

"aapka naam kya hain?" She asked, before telling him about the 'no-smoke' rule.