59. Khushi & aunt Flow!

hey guys! CSD is back (and so am I!). this one is for a special guest in girls' lives :P

--*--

Khushi opened her eyes groggily, her sleepy mind debating between waking up and going back to a few more minutes of sleep. She had not got proper sleep last night having body ache and no, it was not Arnav to be blamed for it like usually. It was her aunt flow, aka 'Periods'!

Ever since Khushi got her first period at the age of 13, she had quite easy time, in fact she never understood why her Payal jiji was sleeping through first 2 days every month. Khushi thanked her Devi maiyya that her periods were never painful or never made her feel super sick. Sure, she had some stomach pain the first day or had heavy flow in 2-3 days but that was usually manageable with a little rest.

Her amma often told her that it was supposed to change for some women after they 'grew up'. But Khushi never understood the meaning of it, until...

.

.

Until she got married and to be specific had her "first time". Her periods after marriage or rather their remarriage had started changing a little bit, like she had more prominent mood swings or her dates kept moving up or down every month. But she still didn't ponder too much over it. And then, her kids happened! Khushi's monthly cycles after her first pregnancy, Chiku's birth and then twins' birth changed drastically! She started having more irregular periods, heavy flow some months-less flow some, terrible mood swings -in fact she started experiencing strong PMS 3-4 days before her cycle stated. And then all she wanted to do was lie in her bed!

If only she could do that...

Time changes:

"this happens with many women, bitiya. for some it becomes less painful after childbirth and for some it becomes more." Nani had told her once when Khushi mentioned her relatively painless periods before her marriage and kids.

Her gynecologist had also assured her (and more to Arnav who panicked the first time she slept off the whole day after she got her periods 7 months after chiku's birth), doctor told her it was more of hormonal changes in her body and nothing serious. She only recommended regular routine checkups but still, this pain every month was difficult for her (and her husband, and her kids!!!).

"Maa!" a voice made khushi finally open her eyes and saw her daughter sitting near her. Pari was trying to wake up her mother by her soft hands cupping Khushi's cheeks. The kids were used to waking up with their mother's morning kisses but occasionally they woke up with Arnav waking them up...

Khushi smiled looking at Pari's innocent face and smile so beautiful that could put angels to shame. She couldn't help but thank Devi maiyya for this beautiful pain. after all, this pain had given her motherhood.

--*--

Sickness came in handy:

Today however, Khushi was feeling a little sick along with stomach pain. It was as if her whole body was aching. She was cuddling Pari closer to her chest when she noticed Arnav had come out of shower, wiping his hair, and smiled looking at the mother-daughter duo.

"Pari woke you up, ha? How are you feeling sweetheart?" Arnav asked after keeping his wet towel away and coming over to a still lying-on-bed Khushi and half-lying Pari. he pecked Khushi on her lips and as he was leaning towards pari, he paused. Khushi felt warm to his touch. Oh NO! he panicked!

"Kya hua (what's wrong)?" Khushi asked in a weak voice as even she had felt more weak than usual today

"I think you have fever Khushi. hold on, let me get a thermometer" he said moving away