32. How's a baby made?

Q/N - "we all come from mommy's tummy silly, no angel leaves us at mamma-papa's doorsteps." my 6 year old niece was 'teaching' her friend and gave me an idea of this chapter. Hope you'll like it:)

--*--

Payal was about 7 months pregnant and everyone was taking utmost care of her. Thankfully her pregnancy was a healthy one and she didn't face much trouble beyond those initial months of morning sickness. The kids of the house were specially instructed to not play around their maa/Payal maasi and especially not have their throw-ball matches in the house.

It was one such a morning when Khushi admonished Kavish who was playing with his favorite tennis ball, although Payal was not nearby.

"Chiku, aap ko kaha tha na, no playing with this ball in the house. Payal maasi aur unke baby ko galti se lag jayegi, baby (you might hurt payal aunt and her baby by mistake)." Khushi said taking the ball out of his hands, although she had felt bad for doing this to him. But they had to be careful too.

Kavish made a sad face. Ever since his payal maasi was going to bring a new baby, his playtime and playing locations were restricted. He was not used to this. Why couldn't Payal maasi just get the baby quickly? 

And then a thought came to his mind and he immediately asked khushi, "mamma, Payal maasi has a baby in her tummy right? Do all babies have to come from there?" kavish's innocent question made khushi smile. Although it was not the first time he had asked a question on this line. When Khushi was pregnant with the twins, Arnav and she had done a good job preparing Kavish for his upcoming siblings. As he was barely 3-year-old at that time, he didn't have many questions. He just knew that his baby-sisters or brothers were in his mamma's tummy, and he has to kiss them good night by kissing her tummy, like his papa did. And his nani used to make him and his Piya didi pray for his mamma and siblings.

"Haan beta, all babies come to this world from their mamma's tummy. Aap bhi." Khushi answered ruffling his hair. Arnav who was sitting nearby on the bed also had a light smile playing on his lips at his son's curiosity.

But looked like Kavish was anything but done "But mamma, how did I get in there?" he threw the next question and Khushi fumbled with words. How do you answer your 5-year-old child how he 'got in there'? They were already done with 'babies are left at mamma-papa's house by Devi maiyya explanation. Maybe they could have 'the birds and bees' talk? It was the first time she thought to answer her baby a satisfying one for his age but she needed to talk to Arnav first and prepare for it.

"Good question beta, how about a bed time story about this tonight?" Khushi asked and chiku nodded, already excited for his bedtime story tonight.

--*--

"So we are going to do this ha?" Arnav asked as soon as Kavish was not nearby. He was any-day in favor of educating his kids appropriate to their ages but this time he too felt clueless.

"Yeah I think so" Khushi had turned thoughtful already, "but we can still be careful with the words right?"

and chiku's mamma-papa started brainstorming on how to tell their child, how he was made!

--*--

Later that night,

Arnav pulled Kavish in a bear hug as he settled on his bed, while Pari and Aru lied in Khushi's lap on their princess bed. Khushi was lightly patting their baby-heads as well as running her fingers through their soft hair, and both the sisters were slowly drifting to sleep under their mother's loving touch.

"beta aap ne aaj ek question pucha tha na aapki mamma se, ki aap mamma ki tummy mein kaise aye(you had a question to your mamma today about how you came in your mamma's tummy right)?" Arnav asked kavish, getting his attention.