17. Trouble in paradise-pt1

The afternoon of next day saw a lot of hustle-bustle in Raizada mansion, as everyone had something to do and was jumping from one task to next. Young girls of Kavish and Piya's age were invited and along with them some of the moms too were expected to join.

Khushi had gotten Kavish ready in his dazzling navy blue kurta-pajama and he looked like the most cute handsome 5 year old out there.

"kitna pyara lag raha hai humara bacha(my baby is looking so cute)" Khushi said putting a dot of kohl behind his ear

"mamma, is Rucha coming too" he asked making Khushi chuckle. Rucha was a daughter of Arnav's Harvard-friend, who had become their family friend over the years. Rucha and Kavish were almost of same age, born just few weeks apart and that had made Khushi bond with Nisha, Rucha's mother. Kavish and Rucha however had become best of friends, with Rucha often coming to shantivan for play dates, functions and what not.

"Haan baby, Rucha bhi aa rahi hai. Aap use uska gift khud dena hmm?(yes baby, rucha is coming too, you give her the gift yourself ok)?" Khushi asked brushing his hair one final time and he left from there almost jumping with joy, now that his best friend was coming

Arnav entered the room just then, carrying both his daughters carefully one in each arm, clearly he could get none of them ready yet. Khushi sighed looking at the picture the father-daughters made, all 3 in their pajamas and tshirts, messed up hair and eyes that said they could take a nap about now!

"bacche toh bacche, baap re baap" Khushi muttered more to herself than her husband but he heard nevertheless

"I heard that. And in my defense, you know how I feel about all these functions and dressing up. Seriously what will happen if we attend puja in pajamas?" Arnav asked the same question he had asked many times till now, irritating her

"the same thing if you attend your office meetings in pajamas and not suits. Think of this as a dress code for puja's ok? Now give me Aru and aap pari ko taiyyar kijiye and get ready yourself too" saying so she took Aru leaving a speechless arnav behind. It was difficult to defeat Khushi in arguments anyway.

Khushi made Aru ready and keeping her on their bed, quickly changed into her favorite red colored saree. Arnav had gifted this to her some 9 years ago and since then she had only used it very rarely, saving it for special occasions (quick a/n – sarees last for years if maintained properly, certainly the expensive ones :D)

 Arnav had gifted this to her some 9 years ago and since then she had only used it very rarely, saving it for special occasions (quick a/n – sarees last for years if maintained properly, certainly the expensive ones :D)

(Pic: khushi's get up - image credit to uploader)

"wow mamma, so pretty" Aru said as Khushi turned from the mirror and walked to the bed. Khushi laughed hearing her daughter's compliment and took her hand to go downstairs.

--*--

Slowly the guests started coming in and Raizada mansion's hall was filled with cheerful laughers and giggles of the kids. Khushi and Payal were welcoming the kids and their moms or caretakers whoever accompanied them. One of the girls tugged on khushi's hand pulling her to her level and kissed her check. Khushi knew this girl, her mom was a busy socialite leaving the child to her nanny. Khushi's heart melted at the girl's antic and Khushi took her in her arms. But soon the girl was pushed away from her