61. AR faces losses -part 2

"ASR, one more investor has refused to meet us tomorrow" Aman informed him and he cut the call without waiting for a second more. He had no more strength to listen to anything more. It looked like, one by one everyone was leaving his side.

Arnav was a young 14-year-old boy when his whole world turned upside down, his mother snatched was away from him, his sister's life ruined on the evening of her marriage, and he was thrown on streets. He was broken but had not lost his faith in himself, his confidence intact that he could change things, he could write his own destiny from there onwards.

And Arnav Singh Raizada did! 10 years later, he was a Harvard graduate setting up his startup in India and within next 3-4 years he had made himself so powerful, so capable that the same house where his life was ruined, same street where he was thrown out, he bought that same Sheesh Mahal and that same street watched in awe as the owner of that land walked on it!

But today, some 10 more years later, he was once again at the similar turn as he was as lost as that teenager. Only difference was, this time he felt his faith faltering. The Arnav of that time could take risks, take any bold decisions, if need be, he could even go work in any place to earn a living.
But today, he couldn't, his wife and his 3 young babies were dependent on him to fulfil their dreams, they looked at him like he was a hero. How was he going to face them like this? As a defeated hero?

He was standing at poolside, lost in thoughts, looking at the stars, contemplating where to go from here.

And that is when he felt her hand slide into his. Khushi. Her hand might have been soft, her hold maybe little light but it contained so much strength, so many promises. As if she was imparting all her strength on him. He turned to look at her, his eyes watery, vision almost blurred.

Her eyes, on the contrary were shining with all the love she had for him, all the trust she had on his capability.

And he hugged her tight. She was here, she was with him, even if no one else was!!!

"Ho chaandani jab tak raat, deta hai har koi sath
Tum magar andhero mein na chodna mera hath
(Until it's a starry night, everyone stays with you
But you don't leave my hand during darkness)"
(a/n – from 'Jab Koi baat Bighad jaye' the lyrics are one of my favorites)

--*--

3 days later

Nanhi chinti jab dana lekar chalti hai,chadhti deewaron par, sau baar fisalti hai,aakhir uski mehnat bekar nahi hoti,koshish karne walo ki kabhi haar nahi hoti | (a/n – famous Hindi poem by Harivanshrai Bachhan)

Khushi was teaching this poem to twins, but Arnav knew it was applicable to him too "do you know when little ant tries to carry a sugar cube in her mouth? She fails so many times, but she doesn't give up. At the end, she succeeds. Because the one who tries never fails." She translated the meaning for twins who understood very little but Arnav who was standing there did get the hint.

Actually, in last 3 days the news had started spreading and media gotten a whiff of it. As it is, they only needed reasons to speculate. So this was adding fuel to fire.

Just then Kavish came there carrying something behind him and stood in front of Arnav.

"What is it baby?" Arnav asked and Khushi too looked curiously,

"Take this papa, this will help you." Chiku said handing him his piggybank with a small smile. There was no hint of sadness or hurt in his voice, like a ditto copy of Khushi, bilkul uski chavi(copy), as compassionate, as giving!