37. Pari's Maa gets jealous!

Q/N - who all missed 'choti si duniya' last week? this one's for Pari and her maa ❤

--*--

After a long time, Khushi was talking to herself, that too in annoyance. Today was the third day when she watched another woman who managed to bring out a laugh, spend so much time and make her baby, happy. And Khushi couldn't help but feel jealous!

'humph, she doesn't even know its not green but purple that's the favorite color' Khushi said watching the duo picking coloring pencils

"Khushi? who are you talking to?"  Arnav was watching her speaking to herself and finally asked

"Dekhiya na (look there) Arnavji, she gave green color pencil, Pari likes Purple the most." came khushi's childish complaint!

"Khushi, tum bhi na. Rashmi is doing her job. let it be." and Arnav gave most logical explanation.

The thing was, they had recently appointed Ms. Rashmi, a speech therapist to help Pari speak more words. It was her doctor's suggestion and Arnav-khushi themselves did interviews before selecting a 27-years-old charming and sweet lady, Rashmi, as Pari's teacher. She was well qualified too of course. Rashmi was supposed to visit them every day except weekends, between morning 9 to 1pm and spend time with Pari.

And if Arnav was apprehensive of handing his kid to some stranger before, so far he was doing good, but it was Khushi who's reactions were unexpected.

--*--

The next day, Rashmi suggested she feed Pari her lunch, that way she could speak to her about various food items. Khushi reluctantly let her take the dish from her hands, which she had prepared for Pari, like everyday. Today she had even made halwa for her! Chiku was grown enough to eat with his own hands, Aru preferred to eat from her dad's, Arnav's hands, so it was only Pari that gave Khushi this pleasure and Khushi felt like her precious job was taken away!

"Don't worry Mrs. Raizada, I will ensure she eats it all." Rashmi assured a wary Khushi who just smiled in reply.

Khushi watched as Rashmi took a morsel and fed Pari

"Pari, see this is roti. Say, I like roti?" Rashmi tried teaching one sentence but Pari only accepted the food and ignored the teaching effort.

Khushi sighed and came downstairs, it was lunch time for Chiku, Piya and Aru too. She had to prepare their plates. Just then Kavish came to her, tugging at her dupatta,

"Mamma, Jalebi khane ka mann kar raha hai, bana do? (feel like eating jalebis, pls make it)?" his demand would have surprised Khushi if she knew her son had sensed her fallen face and thus demanded it, but right now, Khushi's mind was somewhere else. Being insecure to be precise. So her reply came accordingly,

"Chalo at least you still need me for something Chiku. Your sisters already forget me when they are with others." she said, taking out a pan for frying jalebis...

--*--

"Maa" Pari squealed happily touching Khushi's cheeks with her small hands, as Khushi dressed her for the day.

'Haan, my baby loves me the most.' Khushi assured herself, dressing up Pari. Today was the fifth day of her speech therapy.

Soon Rashmi came in and Pari gladly went to her.

--*--

"I. Love. Food. bolo Pari." Rashmi was trying to teach Pari to say a simple sentence. 2 weeks had passed by and so far, Rashmi could only manage to bring a very few words but no sentences yet. She would come sharp at 9, play with Pari, do some activities like building blocks, coloring and then feed her lunch while Khushi wandered nearby, one to keep an eye on her baby obviously and second, to see Pari smiling with Rashmi.