21. Raising the temperature!

A/N – well, just because I was feeling horny 😛 kids below 16, pls read earlier chapters, this one's not for ya :D (no gory details though :P)

--*--

It was a yearly routine now, one that Khushi had big issues with, every winter since last 9 years! Temperature control of their bedroom's air conditioner! Why the heck they didn't have a dedicated heater like the ones installed in their hotel rooms when they visited Europe or the US?

Every year as calendar changed from October to November and winter started wrapping Delhi in its cold envelope, Arnav-Khushi's bedroom became a battlefield...quite literally.

"Khushi, stop fidgeting and sleep. Its 3 am!" Arnav futilely tried to hold her by snuggling closer, her back plastered against his front and his hand at his favorite position, inside her kurta, just near her heart! So he could hear and feel that heartbeat! That sound would ensure he had most peaceful sleep and chase his nightmares away! He hid his face more into her hair and shoulder

"Arnav ji, pehle toh apna haath hatayiye, humein AC ka remote lene dijiye (get your hand off me, so I can reach to AC's remote). see even your hand is cold and then you set the room temperature so low, how am I supposed to sleep?" she asked irritated. Her complaint was true though, his hand was indeed cool and to feel those cold fingers touch on her chest, how was she supposed to sleep? Even their cozy comforter wasn't good enough. To top it all, her Arnav ji wouldn't let her wear anything under the kurta, if she wore one for the night that is.. sometimes there were no clothes involved. 'Time to take out my sweater from the closet first thing tomorrow' she made a mental note and struggled to get hold of the AC remote from side table. Arnav had absolutely refused to budge and take his hand off, in fact he snuggled even closer and moved his hand more on her skin seeking warmth, making her shiver at his cold touch.

"Khushi, stop it! let me sleep" he said as if he was oblivious to her struggle. In all honesty though, he was very much looking forward to where this will eventually lead to.

"Laad governor! Khud toh jaise angrez hain, thand se farak nahi padta, hum yaha kaanp rahe hain uska kya? (Laad governor! He himself is like British, used to cold but what about me, freezing here?)" she muttered under her breath, making a resolution to not give into his usual ways this winter.

Arnav chuckled hearing her mumble. He was very much aware of his wife's struggles during winter nights, and he secretly enjoyed fighting with her over the AC temperature. He would let her set the temperature as they went to bed and as she fell asleep, he would lower the temperature just enough to wake her up (well, in his defense he knew more effective ways to raise the temperature to keep her warm but there were few days like today when they took a break!). And finally, when she would try to readjust the setting, he would pretend to have woken up and then coax her for a round of making love as "she disturbed his sleep"...did anyone say he is shaitan? Well, what did he care?

"Jeez Khushi, it is hardly 15C, how can you feel cold?" Arnav pretended to have woken up just now, reluctantly lifting his face from her neck.

"Because I was born in Lucknow, not in Himalayas to be used to this cold every day! I want to be warm and cozy to sleep properly Arnavji, hatiye na, humein temperature badhane dijiye. I had set it at 22, kam kaise ho gaya(how did it drop down)? I am telling you, we need to call someone to look at our AC" Khushi said trying to unsuccessfully yet again removing his hand from under her kurta. And he budged this time but only to turn her to face him

"Or we can fix this ourselves. You know with the other ways to keep you 'warm and cozy'?" he asked tucking a lose tendril behind her ear and quoting her earlier line. He was asking with so much sincerity in his voice, that she almost forgot her anger on his habits of setting the room temperature low. 'Almost' being the key word.

"Ji pata hain and no thanks. I have to wake up early tomorrow for-"

"That's nothing new. You wake up early every day. But what about me? Its so long time ago when we had the night to ourselves" Arnav said letting back of his fingers trail on her cheek. Khushi shivered, although she couldn't tell if it was the temperature or laad governor's touch that was the reason. He continued, "Now you are all about getting up early, getting kids ready and other 1000 things" she opened her eyes at that

"Accha? Toh ye 3 bacche karne se pehle sochna tha" she said patting his stubbled cheek. 

"what the-?" so now it was going to be on him alone?

"Besides Arnav ji, 3 days ago is not a long time, when we..." khushi looked at his approaching face and reducing distance between their lips and trailed off. oh, how he loved her reactions!

"When we-?" arnav suggestively let his eyes drop to her lips and looked up. she was so cute and still blush adorably, even after birth of 3 kids! His shy, innocent wife.

"When we had sex. Happy?" guess not always so shy!

"No, not happy. I would rather we do it than just talk about it. you woke me up, now you have to make it upto me" he said as he pecked her lips, finally closing the gap and then looked back up to see if that melted her yet

Khushi narrowed her eyes looking at her devil of a husband. First he and his stupid AC disturbed MY sleep and he has audacity to ask ME to make upto HIM? VERY SMART Mr. Laad governor! Tough luck.

"you know what? Humare phone mein app hain (my phone has an app) to control the AC temperature. Here (she quickly set the temperature back to 22). Shubh ratri (good night)" saying so she lightly pushed him away, attempting to turn, enjoying the way his jaw dropped hearing that.

Well, this was unexpected. He had thought, like every year's winterly routine, now would be his turn to take things in his hands now (pun intended). But seemed like Khushi had found a way out and there was no way he would let that happen. He looked at her, it was time to use some tricks in the books, like sweet-talk!

"Come on sweetheart, I was just suggesting for both of our benefits. Why take the trouble to adjust the temp when we can use more useful ways that are handy? Hmm?" he said while pulling her sleeve down, leaving kisses all the way down to her shoulder and arm simultaneously rubbing his foot along her leg 

Khushi smiled internally. It was always fun to make him plead her, coax her and then give in to that devilishly seductive husband she was blessed with....because of course she agreed they had better ways to chase the cold away. She turned to face him, pulling him up so his lips were placed at a better place of her body, her own lips, taking his offer for a warm night!

--*--

A/N – so, how was it? *biting nails* Hope it came out well. Also, realized I didn't explicitly write about Arnav-Khushi getting some "action". Because they do-lots actually, it's just that I don't mention it more than a few subtle hints here n there in few chapters as I intend to keep it a family FF. But yeah, their 'bedroom life' is active and healthy okie? And warm too 😁

Happy winter you all, stay 'warm and cozy' 🥰 (and if you liked this one, remind me to write a summer special too, we'll call it 'Uff Garmi' 😉)

Oh and btw pls do tell me if this kind of content makes you uncomfortable, I will try to reduce it. Writing intimacy isn't something I boast of so pls let me know if anything seemed off there.