91. Arnav-Khushi and Surrogacy!- 1

Note: Reading chapter '#71. Harsh realities' is recommended for knowing the guest characters Ashwin and Neha.

--*--

It was afternoon on a Saturday, a school holiday. The kids were excited for a feast of their favorite delicacies that their mamma and maasi made for them. Both Khushi and Payal used to make special dishes on weekends, taking into consideration each kid's liking. Like something spicy-especially with Paneer for Piya and Chiku, continental-desi fusion style food for Arohi and something tangy-sweet like khasta kachori or dahi bhalle for Pari. Palash was just 1-year-old, so he didn't have any special demands yet. And of course, jalebis for dessert were a must, no need to specify for whom! After all, Mrs. Khushi Singh Raizada was no less than a pampered kid, especially for her Jiji (and her husband)!

Today was a similar Saturday in Shantivan. Khushi and Payal had made everyone's favorite food and they all ate till their tummies couldn't take any more.

And then there was ice cream, brought over by the guests at Raizada mansion that day, Ashwin and his wife, Neha.

Ashwin Malik who was Arnav's chacha(uncle)'s son, the same evil uncle who had once been a reason for Arnav and Anjali's homelessness and after Arnav took his revenge by destroying that family, his uncle and aunt had died in poverty a few years ago. Their only son, Ashwin was however unlike his father- in fact Ashwin was righteous, and he had come closer to the Raizada family since last year. Especially since Arnav's timely financial help saved Ashwin's wife's (Neha's) life and she got operated on for her brain tumor. Ashwin and Neha had no one else in their family, apart from their dadi -Subhadra Malik of course, so Khushi would often invite them over for occasional lunches or festival celebrations.

Being 5 years younger than Arnav and then, Neha being a couple more years younger than Ashwin, Neha became like a younger sister to both Khushi and Payal. She was a sweet and loving woman, that made her immediately likeable. She also became the favorite chachi(aunt) for the kids and Neha too doted on all 5 Raizada kids.

Today was a similar day when the young couple was invited for lunch by Khushi. They had brought a large tub of ice cream for the kids, and the kids were hungry for a scoop of ice cream, even after a full meal!

"Mamma, please, do na ice cream." Chiku demanded, tugging at Khushi's hand.

"Nahi chiku, abhi nahi (not now). Aap ne abhi khana khaya na (You just ate lunch right)? Evening ko milega (You will get it in the evening), ok?"

"But mammaaa..." Kavish whined, and Piya too joined him, "Khushi maasi, pleasee, please please!" seeing them like that made both Khushi and Payal roll their eyes.

"Piyu! No." Payal scolded this time, "Khushi told you both already, you will get it in the evening."

Both kids made a sad face and left from there.

In the meanwhile, Neha's eyes caught an amusing sight. Her Khushi bhabhi's daughters- Aru and Pari- were already in the kitchen and trying to open the fridge! She signaled everyone around her to look at that scene and they watched with mute wonder as these two toddlers tried to unsuccessfully fetch the said ice cream...

First, they stood on their toes but couldn't reach it due to their short heights. Soon, Piya and Kavish joined them, and Kavish pulled a small stepstool kept there which they could use to raise their height and get their treat!

At that point, Khushi went to her naughty kids and niece to stop them lest they fall from that stool, while everyone openly laughed.

Nani, who had a warm smile on her lips, commented, "Ee dekho (look at that), hamare 4 chote Krishna (our 4 little Krishnas). Just like Krishna used to try every trick to fetch maakhan(white butter) that Yashoda maiyya kept hidden from him, they are doing the same!"