75. Wedding in the house - part 2

Q/N - there's a tongue-in-cheek kind of joke in middle of this chapter, kids(specially under-18), pls don't try to analyze it and move past it ok?

--*--

Everyone looked on surprised at the trio that stood at the threshold of that huge antique wooden front door of Shantivan. The party of 3 was there, Jaz and her parents! And it was Jasmeet's dad who had made that sweet command.

"Namaste Uncle, aayiye na aap log (please come in)" Khushi welcomed them and the 'welcome' was soon overtaken by an enthusiastic NK!

"Jaz! What a surprise sweetheart!" NK almost jumped to hug his beautiful fiancé only to be wrapped in her dad's rough arms instead!

"kaise ho puttar ji (how are you, son)?" Jaz's dad asked in Punjabi-hindi and NK awkwardly only nodded in response while the rest of them either suppressed their chuckles- the ladies at that or rolled their eyes- you got it- Arnav!

.

.

"We are sorry for coming like this without informing. But Harpreet(Jaz's dad) insisted we go now itself, and we all shop together. He happened to hear Jaz and NK talk last night about your shopping plans." Parminder aka Pammi- aka Pam for her Australian friends, said in an awkward tone because of her husband's free nature. She was clearly the more formal one while Jaz's dad Harpreet was more casual person. She also seemed to be influenced by western culture and customs more while Jaz's dad seemed to retain his desi style and way of life. Jaz had taken after her mother, and thus less aware of Indian traditions and lifestyle.

"Koi baat nahi (it's alright), it's good that you all came." Nani ji said and then looked at NK who was busy smiling goofily at Jaz, so she said, "let these people go to shopping, you and Jasmeet bitiya can give me company at home. I will also tell you about what happens in wedding rituals." Nani ji said and as expected NK jumped at that!

"NO! Jaz ka aana majburi hai(Jaz needs to join us helplessly)." he said earnestly and found out Naniji looking at him amusedly, Jaz's dad look at him weirdly while Payal and Khushi openly giggled.

"You mean zaruri (required), Nk bhai? Majburi means helplessness." Akash promptly came to help patting NK's back and he vigorously nodded his head

"Yes, yes, zaruri, zaruri." he corrected himself but looking at everyone else's faces, he understood he was being teased!

"Hello hi bye bye, NK bitua, tumhari hindi ka kuch karika padi (I have to do something with your hindi)" mamiji made a note to herself, loudly. And everyone again got lost in peals of laughter...

.

Meanwhile, Arnav excused himself to attend a call. In the silence that occurred subsequent to the previous laughter riot, his voice especially stood out.

"Yes. Under the name of Raizadas. Yeah, all suites. We'll be checking-in in 3 days" he was talking to someone, and everyone got puzzled.

When he was done with the call and entered the hall again, he noticed the attention given to him

"What?" he asked in their general direction.

Khushi walked near her husband and asked in a hushed tone, "Arnavji who was that?" she hoped it wasn't what she was thinking.

"Oh. I was just trying to confirm our hotel reservations." he answered and their doubts got confirmed!

"Hotel reservations? For what bhai?" Akash asked

Arnav looked at Akash as if he wasn't getting the obvious "To stay in Chandigarh of course. Jaz's village is an hour drive from the hotel I picked and it's convenient that way. Besides, this is the same hotel we stay in whenever we visit Chandigarh for work-"