One

You stare into the sky as it starts to rain. The rain begins to splatter and pick up speed, beginning to soak you.

"Fuck..." You groan.

"Being homeless is amazing!" You squeal, your words dripping with sarcasm.

You make a magic bubble around you to redirect the rain so it won't continue to soak you.

"Well, shit..." A voice that sounds oh-so-familiar comes from behind you.

At the sound of the voice, you jump and immediately drop your magic, causing your rain shield to fade away.

As you turn around, you see the familiar face that matches the familiar voice.

You stare in shock, completely lost for words.

"U... Un..." You stutter, trying desperately to piece together a sentence.

"U-Uncle... Nick?" You stutter in a whisper, finally managing to find your words.

You leap up and run towards him, making a new bubble to include Fury this time. You throw your arms around him with him accepting your hug. You stay in the embrace as tears run down your cheeks.

"I thought we lost you..." Fury whispers sadly as a single tear of his drips down your neck.

"Did- Did she...?" You ask quietly.

Fury's grip tightens a bit as he whispers, "Yeah, kid. She's gone."

You start to cry harder as you hug Fury quite tightly for a while.

"How long have you been on the streets?" Fury asks softly after a long silence.

You pull away from the hug and look down in embarrassment.

"Since the accident..." You quietly admit, your eyes start to well up as the memories flood your mind.

Fury gives a sad smile and takes your hands before giving them a little squeeze.

"Well then, I have a few people who can help a lot of your problems." He soothes with warmth in his voice.

You look back up into his eye with confusion evident in your face as your eyes continue to well up.

"You'll see." Fury softly answers your thoughts.

Fury leads you out of the alley and along the sidewalk towards the car but stops before you reach it and turns to you.

"I still can't believe it, Y/N." He shakes his head in disbelief.

You nod slightly, "I can't either. I thought I was the only survivor..."

"