Fifty-Five

When you get back from the beach, Natasha hands you a package.

"What's this?"

Natasha shrugs, "Not sure. It just appeared. It says it's for you two."

You and Loki exchange an unsure glance before going to the kitchen table.

Loki sets the box down and examines it.

After looking over the whole box, he looks over at you in confusion.

You only shrug in response, not knowing what it's about either.

A beeping from the package interrupts the silence.

Loki glances at you before he carefully opens the box, and you see a weird-looking device.

You and Loki share yet another worried glance before Loki picks the device up and answers it, holding it up to his ear.

Loki's jaw immediately clenches. A deafening silence falls, and his clenched jaw somehow tightens while his free hand squeezes more and more.

You stand there nervous, desperately needing to know what's going on.

-Loki's POV-

My heart sinks to my stomach.

They're coming after her...

My thoughts are interrupted when I hear it beep, telling me Thanos disconnected.

My arm slowly falls to my side before I scream and repeatedly slam the device into the table.

Y/N grabs my arm, "Don't freak out on me! It's making me anxious that I don't know what's wrong!"

I look over into her glossy eyes.

Anger radiates off of me while it's obvious Y/N is freaked out by my outburst. It doesn't help that she doesn't know what's wrong.

"Thanos is back..." I shut my eyes, dreading telling her the information I just received.

I can't imagine if he gets to her. The pure agony he would cause her.

The most painful thing I've realized in my entire life is that I can't protect her.

I slowly open my eyes to meet her concerned face, "He's coming after you..." I croak out while tears begin to coat my cheeks.

She smiles weakly and pulls me into a hug.

"I'll be okay. I can protect myself, and so can you." She assures, "We're going to be fine."

I chuckle a bit and hold Y/N even tighter, "Thank you, love. But Thanos is very powerful... I'm not sure if we'll truly be okay."

She pulls back to look at me, "Listen to me." She cups my face, "We're going to be okay. We have each other and another on the way. We have the team. We have a family."

I nod slightly and kiss her forehead.

"I guess so."