Seven

You're finishing getting ready for the party when someone knocks on your door.

        "Can I come in?" A man's muffled voice asks through the door, but you can't quite tell who it is.

        "Who is it?" You inquire.

        "It's me, darling." He chuckles, "It's Loki. Can I come in?"

        You sigh, "I don't see why not."

        You look over as Loki opens the door before shutting it behind him. He then sits down on your bed. Loki makes eye contact with you.

        "I just wanted to talk about a few things." Loki starts.

        You raise your eyebrow in confusion, "Like?"

        "The fight," Loki replies quietly.

        You chuckle in amusement, "Really?"

        "It was completely unfair to pull out my knife. I guess I did it because you're quite good at fighting." Loki admits before chuckling, "I was too stubborn before when we were outside. I was going to say... I can't believe I'm about to admit this, but..."

        Loki takes a deep breath, "I'm sorry for all of it."

        You look back to the mirror and start applying makeup while still keeping eye contact with Loki through the mirror.

        "It was unfair..." You smirk, "But I evened it out. After all, I am a good fighter."

        "Actually, great fighter." Loki mumbles.

        You breathe out a laugh, then turn around, directly facing Loki.

        "I forgive you." You whisper before adding, "We should train together more often."

        Loki gives a small grateful smile, "Sounds good, darling."

        You chuckle softly.

        "Do you have to call me darling?" You question, amused.

        "Of course... darling," Loki smirks playfully.

        Loki flashes an actually sweet smile and heads for the door. But just before he turns the handle, he looks back at you.

        "For the record, you don't need makeup. You're beautiful without it." He comments quietly with true sincerity.

        He hesitates slightly but opens the door anyway. Then he walks out and shuts the door behind him.

        I-I can't believe that he's sort of... sweet?

        You look at yourself in the mirror and tilt your head to the side a little, deciding to wipe off the makeup you put on, just going with a bit of lip balm.

        You leave your room going towards the main room, voices getting continuously louder with every step closer.

        When you reach the party, you spot Loki standing with Thor, Bucky, and Steve, so you walk over to them and join them.

        "Hey, boys." You greet, making yourself known.

-Loki's POV-

        For some reason, once I hear Y/N's voice, I brighten up. I end up standing a bit straighter with a small smile curling my lips up.

        "Ah, I see you chose not to hide that beau-" I stop myself when I realize what I just said.

        Why did I say- well, why did I almost say 'beautiful?'

        I clear my throat, "That... that face of yours."

        I am incredibly aggravated at myself. So aggravated, I desperately want to disappear.

        Y/N pats my shoulder. Yes, it's meant to be a sarcastic, playful act, but I find it slightly comforting.

"I see that you chose not to wear your costume." She retorts playfully.

The boys chuckle a bit while Y/N begins to walk off towards the bar where Agent Romanoff is making drinks.

"Loki, you really seem to hate Y/N." Captain Rogers comments.

I roll my eyes, "I don't hate her. I'm just not necessarily excited by her existence."

My answer makes Y/N stop in her tracks and turn around.

"I'm sorry, what language are you speaking? It sounds like bullshit." She jokes before winking at me and walking away laughing.

"Why do you try to fight her off when she's clearly well prepared?" Thor questions.

"I like to fight her because-" I stop myself.

Why do I like to fight her? Mayb-

"I get it! You're a sore loser! Finally attempting to admit it, brother." Thor interrupts my thought process.

I sigh as I pinch the bridge of my nose.

-Your POV-

You reach the bar where Natasha is serving drinks.

"Why does Loki start things with you when you almost always finish him off?" Natasha inquires.

You shrug, "I'm not sure. He definitely needs to work on better insults."

You chuckle, "He's actually not terrible to be around."

Natasha raises her eyebrows in surprise.

"What changed your mind about Loki?" Natasha asks, quite shocked.

You laugh slightly, "I never really found him unbearable. Since I met him, I've found him amusing. But something's different, and I-I'm not quite sure what it is..."

You look over at Loki and giggle a bit at the sight of Thor holding Loki in a headlock and rubbing his knuckles over Loki's hair. Loki strongly protests by repeatedly stabbing Thor in the side with a small kitchen knife he found, given he can't use magic here without making people mad.

"Actually, he came to my room right before the party to apologize for the fight." You admit.

You look back at Natasha right as she raises an eyebrow.

"He obviously likes you." She whispers before taking a sip of her drink.

You look at Loki, then look back at Natasha.

"No, he's just putting up a tough exterior." You shrug.

Natasha raises her eyebrow again and takes a drink. Once she finishes her drink, she comes out from behind the bar and starts dragging you along with her.

"Where are we going?" You ask Natasha in confusion.

"To play truth or dare..."

A/N: Is truth or dare cliche? Yes

Do I care? Nope.