Twenty

You and Bucky get ready, then fly to Chicago, where the Hydra base is located. You land in the outskirts of Chicago, near the countryside. From there, you ride a motorcycle to a walking distance from the building.

"We need to be discreet." You comment.

"Thank you, captain obvious." Bucky chuckles.

You scoff, "What's that supposed to mean?"

"Well, a few things. Yes, we need to be discreet, but you're gorgeous, so that's going to be hard."

You giggle but snort while laughing. Bucky starts smiling, and you start blushing.

"What?" You ask, embarrassed.

Bucky smiles, "That was so adorable..."

You two stare at each other for a minute. You soon break eye contact.

"We need to focus on the mission." You state.

You two stealthily sneak up to the side of the building. You two slowly creep farther up the side of the building until you reach the door. You then gingerly attach the device and turn off the alarm.

Bucky steps in front of the door, "Okay. Now I have to break this down."

Bucky punches the door as hard but as quietly as he can, and eventually, it gives.

"I'm sorry, I'm too scared to start using my powers for force." You mumble.

"I understand," Bucky assures.

You two follow the plan Tony laid out, finding the scepter soon.

"Who should carry this?" You ask, looking over the scepter.

"You. I'm not touching that."

You both laugh, but when you go to grab the scepter, you hear someone coming.

You and Bucky abandon the scepter then quickly hide behind a pillar.

"We have to hide better." You murmur.

Bucky responds by grabbing your waist and pulling you tighter against him. You can feel his breath on your neck.

"Are you okay?" Bucky asks quietly.

"What? Why?" You question softly.

"Your heart is beating extra fast," Bucky explains in a whisper.

You blush, "I'm fine... I guess maybe a little shaken by being near the people who hurt us..."

Bucky holds you a bit tighter, "It's okay. I'm here."

You now feel a bit at peace even with all the thoughts running through your brain.

"Th-Thank you, Bucky. That means a lot..."

You feel him smile against your neck, "Anytime."

Soon, the coast is clear, and you two grab the scepter, then manage to get outside the building without being detected.

"We're safe." You sigh.

You grab Bucky's hand and sprint to the motorcycle. Suddenly you get pulled backward.

You turn around to see Bucky being grabbed, but he's still holding onto your hand as tight as he can.

"Y/N!" Bucky yells.