Twenty-Five

•The Next Morning•

You walk into the common and see Loki reading at the table. You smile at his concentrated look and slightly furrowed brows. You can practically see the gears turning in his head as he processes the information his book has to offer.

"Looks like you're doing better."

Loki looks up at you with a grin, "I'm doing fairly well, considering."

You chuckle, "I'm glad I could help you last night."

Loki closes his book and sets it on the table.

"Yes. About that. Thank you. You improved my condition a substantial amount."

Loki slowly walks over to you, keeping from interrupting the natural healing process by injuring it further. He stops right in front of you. You look up into his bright green eyes you frequently get lost in.

"Thank you so much." Loki smiles gently before whispering, "Truly, thank you."

"Hey."

You break eye contact with Loki to look at Bucky.

"Hey, Buck."

He smiles sweetly at you.

His smile just melts my heart...

You beam back and run over to hug him.

-Loki's POV-

I stare into Y/N's big e/c eyes. I can't even get past the fact I'm in this goddess' presence.

"Thank you." I smile gently before whispering, "Truly, thank you."

"Hey."

Y/N breaks eye contact with me to look over at Sergeant Barnes.

"Hey, Buck."

He smiles at her. She beams back and runs over to hug him.

I hang my head.

Why did I even think she could care for me? I mean, she does have a soldier with a heart of gold attempting to court her as well. I pale in comparison to this pure-hearted, skillful, and interesting sergeant.

I watch as she gives him a dreadfully long hug.

What a fool I am.

        You do what you grab came to the kitchen to do and grab yourself some breakfast before going to the empty gym, leaving Loki to continue reading and Bucky to eat

        After entering the gym, you waste no time playing your favorite song through your earbuds as you wrap your fists. Then you walk over to the punching bag, firmly planting yourself in front of it.

        You take a deep breath before you throw the first punch. You continue beating the bag relentlessly until you finally feel some relief from your anxiety.

        After leaving the gym, you go to your room to take a shower. Once you leave your room and pass Loki's room, you notice him sitting on his bed with a computer.

        "Damn Midgardian mirror!" Loki shouts, obviously frustrated as he runs his fingers through his hair, tugging a bit.

        "Let me help you." You laugh softly.

        Loki looks up at you, "Thank you." He sighs.

        You walk behind him, kneeling on the bed while you look over his shoulder. You absentmindedly place your hand over his to guide him. Once it registers what you did, you freeze, and your face turns bright red. You can't retract your hand now, or it would be suspicious, so you begin to help him.

        The entire time, your thoughts are flooded with the tall, dark, and handsome god who has always protected you, who always has an interesting story to tell, who has always been there for you, who has always been a prankster, who has always joked around, and who has always been a complete pleasure to be around. He's honestly the perfect guy...

-Loki's POV-

        Using the thing called a 'computer' is quite a bit more difficult than you would imagine.

        I know it's absurd, but all I want is to be able to use this stupid thing to fit in better. If I'm to stay here, I want to be able to use these Midagrdian... things.

        "Damn Midgardian magic mirror!" I shout, insanely frustrated as I run my fingers through my hair, tugging a bit.

        "Let me help you." Y/N laughs softly and quite angelically, sending a chill up my spine as she makes herself known.

I look up at her, "Thank you." I sigh.

        She walks behind me, kneeling on the bed as she looks over my shoulder. She then places her hand over mine to help me with this horribly complicated box.

        I blush madly at her contact, but she soon freezes, causing panic to set in.

        Did she somehow read my thoughts and know how I feel?! Is that why she froze?!

        Thankfully she soon unfreezes and continues helping me.

        Fortunately, I can multitask. I learn about how to use the computer while my thoughts are filled with Y/N's sweet voice, her beautiful e/c eyes, and the way they shine with excitement when she's talking about something she's passionate about.

        She's always been so patient, so forgiving, so thoughtful, so spectacular, so accepting. She's the perfect girl, the woman any man would be lucky to have... but could I be lucky enough to be that man?

 but could I be lucky enough to be that man?

A/N: Sorry it's so short!

I love you all so much! You all mean the world to me!❤️