Thirty-Four

You wake up with Loki still laying on top of you with your arms loosely draped over the nape of his neck. His arms are still around your waist, his head resting on your shoulder, and his legs intertwined with yours.

        You smile at him, enjoying the feeling of his heartbeat and his steady breathing. After a bit, Loki wakes up.

        He beams, "Hello, love." He greets in a slightly raspy voice.

        You kiss his forehead, "Good morning, my dear."

        Loki sighs, closing his eyes again with an adorable grin. You begin playing with his hair again, getting little approving sounds.

        "I slept well last night. I actually don't ever sleep that well..." He admits, finally opening his eyes again, "I'm a defensive sleeper who can barely go a night without a nightmare."

        You tilt his chin up to look at you, "I'm glad you slept well."

        He smiles at your words before giving you a peck on the lips. After he pulls away, you cup his cheek. He slowly closes his eyes and leans into your touch.

        After staying that way for a while, you pull your hand off of his face and push some of his hair back.

        "I have to do a daily check-in with Bruce and Tony." You grumble.

        Loki groans, "Why? Can't it wait?"

        "Sadly, no. They want me to come to them first thing in the morning."

        Loki rolls off of you with a dramatic sigh.

        You roll your eyes playfully, "What a drama king."

        "But you like this drama king."

        You roll over on top of Loki, "Oh yes. I do." You smirk.

        He firmly grips your hips as you lean down to kiss him. You run your hands through his hair while he moves his hands from your hips to wrap his arms around your waist again.

        After a bit, you pull back, but to where your lips are almost touching, "I really have to go now."

        Loki gives you a short kiss before pulling back, so your lips are close to touching again, "But I don't want you to." He whispers.

        "I don't want to either, but I have to go."

        Loki exhales deeply, "...Okay..." He reluctantly gives in.

        You kiss him until you both need air, pulling back at the very last moment, leaving you panting. Loki quickly pecks you on the lips before removing his arms from around your waist. You get up off of Loki and head towards the door.

        "I'll see you later, my princess."

        You chuckle, "See you later, my prince."

"