Twenty-Three

You wake up with a killer migraine, still in your dress from last night, and with a horrible taste in your mouth.

You slowly crawl to the end of your bed. But you don't make it that far before giving up due to your exhaustion and your headache.

"Lo-!"

You wince at your loud voice. Deciding against yelling again, you let down the mental block you 'installed' after the first day you met Loki.

'Loki. Can you help me?' You send out.

In less than a minute, someone knocks lightly on the door.

"Come in." You groan.

Loki walks in, and you grin slightly. He smiles a bit back as he walks over to you.

"What can I do for you?" He inquires gently as he runs his hands through your hair, untangling some knots in his path.

"Water?"

Loki summons a glass of water. He hands it to you, and you drink it all.

"You're like a genie." You laugh.

Loki chuckles before helping you sit up slowly. The world starts to spin, so you end up tipping and falling back onto the bed.

"Ugh..." You groan.

"Do you want help, or do you want to stay here for a bit?" Loki asks.

You sigh and grab Loki's wrist, "Here. Stay here."

You tug a bit on Loki's sleeve. He instantly takes the hint and lays down next to you. You both stare at your ceiling in comfortable silence.

You look over at his perfect profile. His hands are interlocked behind his head, and his lips are curled up a bit.

"Loki?"

He looks over at you, "Yes?"

You turn to lay completely on your side, facing him. He does the same.

"What do you think you're going to do the rest of your life?"

Loki ponders your question but never seems to find a real response.

"I honestly don't know. I have a couple of thousand years left, and I don't know." He admits.

You nod a bit.

He does have thousands of years left. I'm just a mortal who usually lives less than one hundred years... if I decide I want to spend the rest of my life with him, I'd be with him for less than eighty years. It's selfish...

"Why do you ask?"

You shrug with a bit of a sigh, "Just curious."

-Loki's POV-

"Loki?"

I look over at her. Her sweet e/c eyes sparkle in the orange sunrise's light that streams through her window.

"Yes?"

She turns completely on her side, facing me. I follow suit.

"What do you think you're going to do the rest of your life?"

I ponder her question. I want to reply truthfully and say, 'spend it with you,' but that's stupid. I don't know if I love her, and I don't want to scare her off.