Fifty-Eight

You bury Loki that day.

"This is a crazy day..." You laugh dryly, "The one person I loved with all of my heart isn't here with me anymore. He's gone, and I can't do a thing about it."

Your lip quivers as you attempt to hold back tears.

"We lost..." You clear your throat as you look over the Asgardians, "We lost someone else very important to us, and it was hard losing him too, especially since it was so close together."

The dam breaks, sending a waterfall of tears pouring down your face, so Thor runs up to you and rubs your back soothingly and encouragingly.

"H-He made me feel, uh, special... seen... loved..." You sniffle, "He helped me with everything..."

You swiftly wipe away your tears.

"I loved him, and I won't ever stop. He is-... he was the most incredible per- being I've ever met."

Your sobs take over, and you can't speak another word, so you step aside for Thor to take your place.

"Loki was a trickster but caring, a frost giant but an Asgardian, a spectacular brother..." Thor chuckles, "He was amazing, and one of a kind..." Thor hangs his head, "I know our mother greeted him in Valhalla, reunited at last with the most amazing mother in the universe, no, the multiverse. I love him with all of my heart, and I can't wait to see him again..."

After you've buried Loki, you leave Asgard immediately as now it's a painful memory.

Landing back in the compound's yard, you storm inside, desperately wanting to avoid the inevitable question of why Loki isn't with you when they know you wouldn't let anyone or anything drag you away.

"Y/N!" Thor calls out from behind you.

You halt in your tracks, ball your fists, screwing your eyes shut, and clenching your jaw before you spin around on your heel to face him.

"Talk to me... please?"

You march over to Thor, anger radiating off of you, not wanting to talk about this right now.

"What do you want me to say?!" You shake your head, "The love of my life died, my baby died, and I died along with them!"

"It will be okay."

"No, it won't! I can't live without him!" You scream.

You stare at Thor for a minute as tears stream down your face.

"When I lost the baby, for a fucking day, I thought we would be okay..." You whisper, "We comforted each other, and I thought we would get through it together... but less than twenty-four hours after the baby died, Loki was, I don't know, ripped apart? Then he died soon after that!"

Thor looks down, tears filling his eyes as well.

You sigh, "I-I'm sorry, Thor... brother."

He pulls you into a hug.

"You don't have to be. I don't know how we'll get through it, but I know we will... eventually. And we'll do it together."

You laugh lightly, but it's weighed down with your sorrow, unable to mask it.

"I know... but we'll be okay," Thor murmurs.

 but we'll be okay," Thor murmurs