Fifty-Six

-Narrator's POV-

All of the Avengers, excluding Y/N and Loki, are talking in the common room.

Bruce has informed everyone of the situation regarding the baby.

Nobody knows what to say. They're all just silently crying, not understanding who did it or why they did this.

"H-He was so excited... he wanted to be a father and was ecstatic to... t-to have a baby with his soulmate," Thor whispers.

"...I don't even know how hard it must be for them... Y/N has already lost her mom and dealt with her crazed and evil family members," Wanda adds quietly.

"Plus, she dealt with Hydra, and I know how hard it is..." Bucky admits.

Steve lays a hand on Bucky's shoulder.

"She doesn't deserve any of it..." Bucky finishes before Steve lightly kisses him.

"It's okay, Buck." He reassures.

Wanda slowly stands.

"I think I should take Y/N and Loki some food. They haven't eaten at all today, and it's lunchtime."

Thor nods and joins Wanda in the kitchen, where they prepare some food.

Taking it upstairs, they knock on the door.

-Your POV-

You drag yourself out of bed to answer the door.

When you open it, you're met by sincere smiles from Wanda and Thor as they hold trays of food.

"Are you doing okay?" Thor asks.

Wanda smacks Thor's arm, "That's not the right thing to ask!" She whisper-yells.

You pat Wanda's shoulder and smile weakly, "It's okay. He didn't mean any harm..." You glance over your shoulder and whisper, "I-I'll try to get Loki to eat something..."

They nod as you take the tray from them, shutting the door behind you with your foot.

"I'm not hungry." Loki mumbles.

You bring the food over to the bed and sit down as you set the trays down next to Loki, who's sitting against the headboard.

"Well, don't you want me to eat?"

Loki looks over at you with a sad expression, "Always, my love. All I want is for you to be happy and healthy..." Loki sighs, "I just wish I could've protected you and the baby..."

You cup his face, "Hey, no beating yourself up. We need to focus on being here for each other and making sure both of us are as healthy and happy as we can be considering..."

Loki swallows and bows his head.

        "Yeah..."

        "So... I know this sounds like bribing because it technically is, but we're going to need to do this."

        Loki chuckles weakly, "What is it?"

        "Well, I won't eat until you do, so I'll take a bite, then you take a bite, and so on." You explain.

        Loki nods reluctantly, "Fine... but only because I refuse to let your health suffer."

        You give a weak smile and peck him lightly on the lips.