Forty-Eight

You lay in bed as you play with Loki's hand for a while.

"I want to be with you for the rest of my crazy life..." You stop playing with his hand and roll on top of him, "You know I love you, but I-I think I'm in love with you."

Loki laughs, "You think?"

You roll your eyes with a bit of a smile.

"I know I'm in love with you."

Loki grins, "I'm in love with you too."

You lean down and kiss him, loving, passionately, overflowing with pure love.

Loki pulls back to where your lips are almost touching. He stares into your eyes.

"Tell me this will never end." He requests quietly.

You smile gently, "This will never end. I love you, always and forever."

He lays his head down with a sigh, "I want to wake up every day with you by my side. I want to stare into your beautiful eyes as they glisten in the sunlight that streams through our windows."

"That's so beautiful."

Loki looks at you with a smirk, "But not as beautiful as you."

You breathe out a laugh, "Cheesy."

"But true."

"So charming."

"So lovely."

You shake your head and peck him on the lips before resting your head on his chest.

"I've never been happier. I didn't think this level of happiness was possible."

Loki begins playing with your hair.

"Nor did I, darling. I love you so much."

You smile, "I love you so much too, and I also love hearing you say 'I love you.'"

Loki chuckles lowly, "Well, then I'll say it more." He sits up and props you up on his lap, "I love you, Y/N Y/L/N."

"And I love you, my darling Loki Friggason of Asgard."

"I'm the luckiest being ever." Loki whispers, "You're pretty lucky too." He laughs lightly, "Only joking, love."

You shake your head, "But I am truly the luckiest being to have you."

You curl up on his chest, wrap your arms around him, and bury your face into the crook of his neck.

"I refuse to believe you're luckier than me," Loki murmurs.

You chuckle and shake your head a bit, "We can tie."

Loki lets out an exasperated sigh, "Fine... but only for you, my love."

You laugh at him before softly kissing his cheek and nuzzling your face back next to his neck.

Loki pulls the blanket over you two and drapes his left arm over the small of your back while using his right hand to play with your hair.