Thirty

⚠️TRIGGER WARNING⚠️:
Mentions of rape!

        After calling Fury, and waiting, quite impatiently, he finally arrives at the tower.

        "Uncle Nick." You greet, not as excited as usual, and he seems to notice.

        "What's wrong?" He inquires cautiously.

        "I'm half Asgardian." You state.

        Fury sighs with a slight nod.

        So he knew...

        "Why didn't mom tell me?! Also, why didn't you tell me?!"

        "She wanted to leave that life behind her. As for why I didn't tell you, she didn't want me to."

        You scoff, "And just because she wanted to leave it behind, that gives her the right not to tell me?!"

        "Look. All I know is she was a Valkyrie healer. Her friends all died, and she wanted to forget her old life. She didn't tell you because she didn't want you getting mixed up in the royal family's shit."

        Fury chuckles, "As you can see, that didn't work." He comments, glancing at Loki.

        You sigh, "Yeah, but I like being involved with the royals."

        Fury turns to you and raises his eyebrow, "Involved?"

        "Uh, I... not in that way..." You clear your throat, "Anyway. How old am I?"

        "I don't know how to convert Asgardian years to human years, but you're roughly Loki's age."

        "But I'm twenty-one."

        "In human years, yes, but you're actually about a thousand years old." Fury shrugs.

        "So, about how long will I live?" You inquire.

        Fury smiles awkwardly, "About another four thousand years..."

        "It's okay." You pull Fury into a hug, "I'm sorry for being so mad."

        "Don't worry. I just don't want you to live without us."

        "Don't worry... about... me."

        Is that what Loki always felt? Being happy for the time you have with them and not worrying about the time after they're gone?...

        You pull away from the hug just as Tony and Bruce walk up.

        "But if I live as long as Asgardians, wouldn't that make me fully Asgardian?" You question.

        "If you'll allow me to explain. You're fifty percent Asgardian and fifty percent human, but the Asgardian genes were dominant. That means you're going to live a long, long time." Bruce explains.

        You breathe out a long breath, "That's a lot to take in, guys."

        "I know, kid. I know." Tony smiles sympathetically.

        You look over and see Loki teleporting, presumably to his room. You look back over at the three.

        "Go get him." Fury whispers before nudging you.

        You beam and begin walking toward Loki's room when you hear a crashing sound coming from the cell.

        Fucking hell.