Eleven

Your eyes flutter open, but you immediately squint as bright lights shine into your eyes.

        You feel a sharp pain where you got stabbed.

        Duh, bitch. You got fucking stabbed, of course, it's gonna hurt.

        You groan as you feel more and more of the pain.

        Natasha and Wanda come into your line of sight as they hover over you.

        You smile weakly, "Hey."

        You go to sit up, causing the pain in your side to get worse. You wince at the pain spreading like wildfire through your body.

        "Okay, that was dumb." You admit as Wanda helps you ley back down.

        Natasha chuckles, "Yeah."

        "You need to rest. You got stabbed by Hela." Wanda expresses her concern with pinched eyebrows.

        Natasha sits down by your side, "Luckily, you did take Hela down."

        "I'm just glad I'm okay." You sigh.

        "Us too, we've been worried," Wanda confesses.

        You smile at Wanda. But now that you've adjusted to the intense lighting, you notice a large bandage from Wanda's upper cheekbone curved around her eye to the middle of her forehead.

        "Your head." You point to the bandage,  "How is it?"

        "It's okay. My head hurts, but I'll live." Wanda reassures.

"Good." You grin, "I need my honorary sister."

        You see a bit of a smile form from Wanda. But the door opening takes your attention from Wanda.

        "May I have a minute with Y/N..." Loki looks at each of the girls, "Alone?"

        "Sure." You answer before the girls can protest.

        Nat and Wanda reluctantly leave the room after making sure you're definitely sure about having them leave you.

        Loki walks closer, "I should have protected you."

        You go to shake your head, causing your wound to move with your movements. You groan as the shooting pain registers.

        Loki rushes to your side, "Are you okay?"

        "Y-Yes, thank you. Anyway, you weren't able to protect me. That's okay, Loki." You comfort.

        He unexpectedly takes your hand in his. Surprisingly gentle and slow so it doesn't cause pain, and you're able to pull away if you want to.

        "But, Y/N, I shouldn't have let my emotions take over." Loki looks down, "If I'd kept my cool, you wouldn't be hurt."

        You begin to rub circles on his hand with your thumb, "It's okay. I'm okay."

        He looks up at you with a guilty look. His eyes showing honest regret.

        "I also came to say sorry about what happened at the party. I just often become-"

        "A prick?" You smirk as you interrupt.

        You both chuckle a bit, and a kind smile remains on his face until the door opens. Once it does, Loki quickly sets your hand down and takes a few steps away from you just as Bucky, Natasha, and Wanda walk in.

        "Thankfully, Bruce stitched you up and healed your punctured lung, but you've got a lot of scarring," Natasha informs.

        "No more bikinis, I guess." You joke, looking at Natasha as she laughs.

        You know about the scar Bucky gave her when he was the Winter Soldier. I mean, you do learn a thing or two from people's files when working for S.H.I.E.L.D.

        "Hey, Y/N." Bucky greets, "How do you feel?"

        "Hmm." You hum as if in thought, "Like I got stabbed."

        When you chuckle, you start coughing. It rapidly gets worse until you're coughing so hard that blood starts to coat your throat, eventually flooding your tastebuds with the strong metallic taste.

Loki goes to help you but hesitates before deciding against it, leaving the others to take care of you.

As Loki expected, Bucky rushes over to your side and grabs your hand.

Your nose starts gushing blood, the unpleasant scent filling your nose. Your wound begins to leak blood as well. The feeling of pain overwhelming everything until all you can feel is excruciating pain.

Your throat repetitively hacks up red droplets, blood continues pouring out of your nose, and the wound on your stomach causes your shirt to soak up all the warm liquid.

Natasha sprints out of the room, quickly returning with Tony and Bruce.

"Hang on, kid!" Tony yells as Bruce takes your racing heartbeat.

Your lack of oxygen causes your skin to keep getting paler and slightly blue as you start to feel more and more lightheaded.

"Bruce, what is happening?!" Tony screams over the commotion, frantically racing around for something, anything that could help you.

"I-I'm not sure!" Bruce shouts back, searching for the problem.

That's the last thing you can remember before blacking out again.