Sixty-Three

"Why can't we come with you?" Wanda asks as she follows you to the Guardians of the Galaxy's ship, aka The Milano.

        "I won't put any of you in danger. Thanos could easily snap Loki's neck, punch Captain Marvel, even rip Vision's stone out of his head!"

        When you hear Wanda stop in her tracks, you halt and turn to her, seeing her sad eyes at the mention of Vision's possibly crushed head, which would cause instant death.

        Your shoulders slump, "Wanda, I'm so sorry..." You step closer and take her hands in yours, "I didn't mean it... I was just speaking out of anger."

        Wanda shakes her head slightly, "No. It's okay."

        You pull her into a quick embrace, "I'll see you soon." You whisper before ending the hug.

        You turn on your heel, not wanting to see the worried look in Wanda's eyes. Instead, you focus on your breathing as you march to the jet.

        You climb into The Milano, then hear a thud above you on the top of the jet

        You climb into The Milano, then hear a thud above you on the top of the jet. The loud noise is followed by Thor swinging off of the roof through the open back.

        "I'm going too, sister."

        You give a tight-lipped smile before nodding.

        Thor turns to Rocket, "I assume you're the captain, sir."

        "You're very perceptive."

        "You seem like a noble leader. Will you join me in starting this quest?"

        "Let me just ask the captain. Oh, wait a second, it's me! Yeah. I'll join you."

        Thor grins, "Wonderful!"

        Peter holds his left hand out with his index finger sticking up, "Uh, except for that, I'm the captain."

        Thor walks alongside Rocket toward the front of the jet, heading straight for the control panels.

        Peter follows behind them, "Look, this is my ship, and I'm not goin' to let some random dude take control over it."

        Thor and Rocket turn around.

        "You're wasting precious time. My brother could be dead while you stand here arguing with me about your position on this team."

        You tense up at the thought that Loki could've already died.

        Mantis glances at you before looking back to Thor, "Please, do not talk that way. You are upsetting your sister."

        Thor looks over Peter's shoulder at you, and his eyes soften.

        He approaches you and scoops you into a hug, "Y/N, sister, I'm so sorry."

        "I can't bear to imagine my love dying." You whisper as you start to cry softly.