Twenty-Eight

You kick yourself all night.

        How could I be so close to happiness, then throw it all away?! Is it really selfish?... I-I care about him, and I don't want him hurt. I don't want to die so much earlier than him...

        Waking up after only about an hour of sleep, you drag yourself into the kitchen, wrapped in an oversized blanket

        "I'm gonna throw myself into a building!" You announce as you enter.

        Tony rolls his eyes, "What's wrong now, drama queen?"

        You waddle over to Tony and Natasha, plopping yourself down on the seat between them.

        "I fucked up." You groan.

        Natasha lays her hand on your back as Wanda sits on the chair in front of you.

"What happened?" Wanda asks.

"I-I did what you told me to do..."

Wanda's face brightens up, "You told him?!"

"Well, I- kinda, sorta. Well, when you think about it... body language..." You stutter.

Wanda, Natasha, and Tony all sigh, practically in sync.

"Did everyone know?!"

"Yes, dumbass." Tony rolls his eyes.

"LANGUAGE!" Steve yells from the common room.

"ENGLISH!" Tony shouts back.

"THAT'S NOT WHAT I MEANT!"

"YOU-"

"Mr. Stark!" Peter calls.

You jump up and run into the common room where Steve and Loki are. You look onto the balcony and see Peter taking off his mask with a smile.

"Queens!" You yell, running up to Peter and pulling him into a hug.

"You met my-" Tony clears his throat, "The kid?"

You pull away from the hug and walk inside to where Tony, Steve, and Loki are.

"Yeah." You nod with a smile.

Steve walks to stand beside Tony, "How did you meet Queens?"

"Oh, wel-"

"Doesn't matter." You interrupt Peter.

Out of the corner of your eye, you see Loki give you a questioning look. You nod a bit, and his jaw clenches.

        Your eyes widen, and you run over to him as you see his gaze narrow in on Peter.