Three

-Loki's POV-

        I feel intrigued by her and her skills and desire to challenge her in combat.

        "You seem like a worthy enough opponent," I remark.

        "Who the hell said that?" Y/N asks while looking around for me.

        "Me darling," I answer.

        Her h/l h/c hair swings with her action of spinning around to face me, revealing spectacular e/c eyes just as I disintegrate my illusion, revealing my presence.

        Her sweet eyes are confused, her soft lips are slightly parted, and her s/t skin is glowing.

        She looks like an angelic goddess.

        Fierce and attractive. Quite the alluring combination.

        I faintly hear her thoughts: It's quite a remarkable outfit, very well made and out of this world.

        'Quite literally, darling. Fine Asgardian leather.' I reply to those thoughts, a slight smirk in my voice.

        Her gorgeous e/c eyes widen a bit, most likely shocked that I can read her thoughts, then respond to them without even uttering a sound.

        But I don't even get to properly enjoy her surprise before Stark throws his bracelet that covers his hand in armor. He quickly charges a blast before sending it straight at me.

        I feel like someone is in my head, in my thoughts, but I don't have time to process that.

        Just as I'm getting ready to defend myself, and of course, without attacking, Y/N jumps in front of me and shields us both with her magic.

        I look up at her in shock.

        She just... protected me...

        But all I see when I look at everyone else, excluding my brother, is the familiar look of hatred in their eyes.

        I get that look all the time. Always have, always will.

        That expression seems to be on my father's face every time he thinks about me, talks about me, talks to me, or even looks at me.

        I'm the disappointment while Thor is worshipped.

        In my foreign journey to become better, I have learned to forgive Thor. After all, he did nothing wrong.

        "Why did you do that?!" Stark yells, causing me to roll my eyes.

        "It wasn't his fault. Whatever he did, he didn't mean to. He didn't want to. He was being controlled and was... treated horribly. He wants to be good." Y/N quietly comes to my defense.

        Everyone is in shock, even Y/N.

        I, too, am shocked, but a good shock. I'm happy someone finally realizes that I'm trying to right my wrongs, well... Thanos' wrongs. That I'm making an effort to make amends.

        "How are you so sure?!" Stark shouts again, pissed that Y/N shielded me and is defending me, the villain who destroyed New York.

        "I-I don't know how, but I just know." Y/N whispers.

        "He still murdered people." Agent Romanoff cuts in also pissed at me.

        "It wasn't him!" Y/N defends, "He wants to be good..."