Thirteen

A/N: Sorry I haven't updated recently. Family is over, so it's hard to find the time to write.

Love you, honey bunnies❤️

        You're reading in your room when a quiet knock comes at your door

You put your bookmark in and set it on your side table.

"Come in."

The door opens up to reveal Fury. He steps in and walks over to your bed.

Your face lights up, "Oh my god!" It's so good to see you again, Uncle Nick!"

Fury smiles and hugs you before sitting down.

"Good to see you too, Y/N. I'm beyond glad you'll recover quickly."

"I am too. What's your reason for coming over?" You ask.

"Well, I wanted to check on my favorite Avenger!"

"You're just saying that because I'm injured."

"No, the others are a pain in the ass." Fury shakes his head with his eyebrows raised.

"Sometimes they definitely are, but sometimes they're like teddy bears." You defend.

Fury shakes his head, "Well, I see them as jackasses. But I guess sometimes they're alright for about two seconds."

"I actually have things to lose now. I found you again, well, you found me again and... and this family." You admit, "They are super kind to me. All of them."

"I'm glad." Fury tucks some hair behind your ear, "You better take it easy."

You laugh, "With Dr. Banner as my doctor, I don't think I have a choice."

"Good. We should catch up more later, but I'm glad you feel at home here."

"Same, but I'll never forget any of the times we had with my mom." You reassure.

He smiles, remembering all the times he's shared with you and your mom.

There are quite a lot of memories, but he cherishes every moment of each one of them.

"I should go now. I have a team to run." Fury sighs before walking to the door.

"Alright. It was good to see you, Uncle Nick."

"Good to see you too, kid."

Fury opens the door, walks out, and closes it behind him.