Nine

You wake up to the bright sun streaming into your eyes, worsening your already-pounding headache.

        You sit up, putting your fingers on your temples as your vision shakes.

        "Ugh, my head." You croak groggily.

        You look over, finally noticing Bucky asleep on the chair next to your bed. He's shaking with a tear rolling down his cheek.

        "Bucky!" You whisper yell.

        You shake him until he wakes up with a bit of a gasp.

        He stares at you while tears continue to stream down his face.

        Your eyebrows furrow in sympathy, "What's wrong?"

        "...Dreams..." He whispers.

        You nod a bit, "You don't have to talk about it if you don't want to."

        "I-I... I really should. I've never actually told anyone. People found out, but it... it wasn't my choice." Bucky admits.

        He looks you in the eyes, "But this is my choice, and I want to tell you."

        You scoot over and pat the bed for Bucky to join you. After he does, he looks down, sitting in silence for a few moments.

        "I was brainwashed and tortured after being captured by Hydra... the whole time Steve thought I was dead." Bucky confesses before looking you in the eye again, "They destroyed me, Y/N. They had no humanity, and they made me their weapon."

        His eyes tear up, so you take his hand, and you give him a warm yet heartbroken smile.

        "Th-They made me a villain who killed countless people." Bucky reveals, "I'm a monster."

        You pull him into a hug.

        "Bucky, I'm so sorry..." You whisper sympathetically, "You aren't a monster."

        Bucky sighs, "Thank you, Y/N. But sometimes I feel like I am."

        You pull away from the hug, "You really aren't. I'm glad you're not there anymore. And, Bucky, I know you're a sweet person who would never kill innocent people willingly."

        You sit there and stare at each other for a little bit.

        "I'll go get coffee and aspirin. But, Y/N? Thank you for listening and caring." Bucky smiles.

        "It's no problem. I care about you, Bucky." You smile back.

        Bucky grins at you and gets up to leave.

        "Hey, before you go, do you have any idea what happened last night?" You inquire.

        "Oh, you don't?" Bucky asks in surprise.
You shake your head, "No."

        "Well, after Loki dared you to flirt with him, you went and got extremely drunk." Bucky begins.

        You put your head in your hands, "Oh god..."

        "You kept flirting... and, uh, grinding... and almost kissed him again but passed out, so I brought you here, and then you asked me to stay." He whispers the word 'grinding.'

        "Wow, that was a... very eventful night." You chuckle, causing Bucky to chuckle as well.

        "Hey, let's go get some breakfast." You suggest.