Forty-Five

⚠️TRIGGER WARNING⚠️:
Mentions of rape! Mentions of self-harm!

You smile nervously as the doors open.

You run out and into the circle that surrounds Loki's cell.

You can see right through his illusion, and it makes your smile drop.

He's sitting against the opposite wall. His shoulders are slumped with blood on and around him.

When he looks up at you, his eyes are full of pain and surrounded by dried tears.

-Loki's POV-

        I make eye contact with my beautiful Y/N.

        The audacity my lonely brain has.

        "Great, now my mind is playing tricks on me," I mumble.

        "No, it's really me." My sweet angel's voice replies.

        I let out a pained laugh.

        Again, the audacity.

        "I'm obviously going crazy..."

        Y/N walks over to the door of my cell and gives a small smile. The smile I've missed oh-so-much.

        "Can I come in?" She asks gently.

        "Do what you want. You're not real." I sigh.

        I watch in shock as she opens the glass door, but I quickly shake my head, accepting that I have decided to try and deceive myself again in an attempt to fill the empty void I've been drowning in... but all I do is cause the lies I tell myself, and the tricks I perform to shatter my own heart.

        "I really am insane." I breathe out.

        My lovely Y/N's expression turns to sympathy as her eyebrows knit together.

        "You're not." Her gentle voice states confidently.

        I watch as she walks over to me and kneels beside me.

        "I'm real." She whispers.

        She wraps her arms around my neck and tucks her head in the crook of my neck, making me freeze.

        She's alive...

        I slowly wrap my arms around her, returning her comforting hug as my eyes flood with tears.

        "You're alive!" I exclaim, shocked but more than happy to have my love back.

        She pulls away and weakly smiles as I see her breathtaking e/c eyes flood as well.

        She nods with a small grin, "Yes, my darling."

        Tears drip from her eyes, and tears escape my eyes as well. Neither of us can hold back the flood of tears reuniting at last caused.

        "I told you before I left. You can't get rid of me that easily." She chuckles, tears still flowing freely down her face.

        She gently wipes the water trickling down my face, and I do the same to hers.

        She kisses me softly and lovingly. I can taste the warm salty water from the paths they created after running over our lips.

        When she pulls away, more tears fall from my eyes as I still can't believe my beloved is back with me.