Seventeen

After training, just as you're leaving the training room, Natasha runs up to you.

"We have a problem. Come with me." Natasha orders.

You quickly follow her into the meeting room. Once in the room, you see Tony and Steve off to the side having a private conversation, so you sit down next to Bucky.

"What's this about?" You ask.

Steve and Tony turn around to look at you and Bucky.

"We need to retrieve something from a very highly protected and dangerous place," Tony explains.

"The scepter is gone, and we need to get it back," Steve clarifies.

"We need Bucky to do it," Tony informs.

Everyone looks to Bucky, who's now nervously shifting in his chair, clearly uncomfortable with the attention focused on him. You grab his hand, lightly squeezing it while giving him a reassuring smile. It calms him down, and he gives you a warm grin back.

"The scepter is at Hydra..." Tony adds.

Thankfully, everyone's attention returns to Tony, but Bucky's smile instantly drops. You can sense the pain in his gorgeous blue eyes.

"He knows Hydra base setups inside out. That makes him our best chance at getting the scepter back." Tony continues.

"But does he have t-"

"I'll do it." Bucky cuts Steve off in a whisper, "I just want to help."

You feel everyone's eyes on you as you turn Bucky's chair and kneel in front of him, taking his hands in your own.

"You don't have to do this! I know it'll be too painful... please don't go." You beg.

You get up, turn around, and look Tony in the eyes. You take a deep breath as you decide to open up a bit more.

"I've been at Hydra before... I know things that people don't know. I know the person who had a lot of say in many Hydra things." You reveal, "I know he wouldn't let things change, so I know the layouts better than any of you. I'll go instead of Bucky."

Bucky stands up as you turn around and look him in the eyes. He holds a pained expression with the realization of what they must have done to you.

"You've been there?" Bucky asks in a quiet voice.

"Yeah, what?!" Tony exclaims.

You look away from Bucky, moving a bit to look back at Tony and Steve.

"Why were you keeping this from us? You aren't supposed to keep secrets." Steve reminds, upset that you kept this from the team.

You look back towards Bucky while looking down as a tear falls down your cheek. Soon you turn around but don't dare to look up to end up meeting Steve's disappointed gaze.

"My father worked there... my mother worked at S.H.I.E.L.D., so I was at S.H.I.E.L.D. half the time and at Hydra the other half..." You start to explain as another tear falls down your cheek.

"My parents never knew where the other worked, and I didn't really understand what was going on in the two organizations, let alone that they were at war. Sadly I soon found out what side was evil." You continue as your eyes flood with tears. A few end up coming out and racing down your cheeks.

"My father discovered my mom worked for S.H.I.E.L.D., and I found out that my father cared more about the information I might have than me and my well-being."