mr shue's wedding

you arrived home from college a bit early with kurt and rachel so the three of you could go visit the new glee club and mr shue before everyone else got the chance to.

you were in the empty choir room with them talking about old memories and how you missed the old days. " so kurt do you know who's coming back for the wedding?" you asked. "well i know puck is coming so is mercedes,quinn,mike, and santana." he said ever so casually

"SANTANAS COMING?" you went on about how you knew she'd come but you just weren't ready to see her yet. "y/n literally what's your deal the two of you mutually decided long distant relationships never work and how it was best to end it." he replied.

"yeah it's not like it ended on bad terms or anything. y'all were highschool sweethearts and endgame so it won't be that bad."rachel added.

"ughh whatever you two i'll be sulking the whole time!"

(time skip to the wedding date)

you hadn't seen santana yet which was good you also met up with kurt and rachel to enter the church. "woah y/n you look so good in that black dress!" rachel said as the three of you sat in the row she chose which wasn't too far behind santana and tina.

kurt turned to wave at them and so did rachel but you couldn't move. "y/n say hi!" kurt said after hitting your shoulder. you turned and waved without even making hardly any eye contact with the latina. you just looked at tina the whole time which was fine.

the ceremony didn't go as planned but the reception was still on. arriving at the ball room you went straight to the bar trying to avoid any chance of interaction between you and santana. rachel joined you while she asked for a drink.

"well that ceremony went beautifully" you said as you raised your glass up to cheers with rachel. "you're so mean y/n!!" you just laughed because you were stating the obvious and sarcasm was good in a time like that. the reception was beautiful emma's parents must've spent a pretty penny.

music played while everyone chatted and danced you soaked up everything. you leaned on the bar and wrapped a arm around rachel pulling your faces side by side. "i don't know what id do without you berry. although you're self centered you've been so helpful throughout this break up" she smiled as you said everything.

"ahem. well hello man hands i can't believe i'm saying this but it's good to see you" just by the nickname you knew it was her. you let go of rachel so they could greet each other as you stood awkwardly by them.

"hello y/n/n. you look great" you just smiled and put your glass down to at least hug the women. "you too" you excused yourself from the two of them to find kurt to tell him what just happened.

"gosh kurt i don't know it's just so weird seeing her again" sobbing into his tux you look a step back to see him laughing. "it's not funny hummel i'm actually really sad!" you said laughing.

he gave you good advice and told you to enjoy yourself and not let one thing get in the way of it. so you did with the help of shots and whatever they were selling at the bar.

you caught up with your friends that you had missed and danced with a few too. you were dancing with quinn until you decided to sit down because your feet were aching already.

a slow song that you and santana both liked came on and memories came flooding back. "can i have this dance?" she asked with her arm out for you to grab it. "in your dreams lopez!" you said rolling your eyes "come on y/n it's our songgg".

you finally caved and slow danced with her. her hands fit perfectly on your hips same with your arms around her neck. it only felt right long awaited almost.

"i missed you san." you said looking at her. she pulled you closer and said she missed you more than words could explain. you couldn't help but hold her closer and tighter.